Pro am Tournaments 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro am Tournaments 2016

Hi there all! Just though I would do my bit towards promoting tournaments. There was a Pro am in Stoke last Sunday, which Jamie Cope won, giving 21 start throughout. He managed to win 3-1 against up and coming local lad Jenson Kendrick (who also qualified through the first stages of the English Amateur previously this year). I managed to win the plate final 3-1 ��

There is a Pro am this coming Sunday at Cueball club in Derby! Should be a good turnout as usual. Will post flyers when I have more time.

So please could you all list details of all other pro am dates up and down the country???

Thanks guys and gals!!!
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

See snookerhub.co.uk for plenty of events

Comment

Originally Posted by MasterBreak147 View Post
      See snookerhub.co.uk for plenty of events
      Nice site that, just needs a forum now. lol

Comment

Ours and derbys is on snooker hub. For those of us who only use this, it would be useful for people to list others here too! That is unless this forum's just full of keyboard warriors. Participation levels aren't what they should be. We all need to play this game more than we type about it. Well I could be wrong, but that's the impression I'm getting.
        The amount of people I know who dont mind hacking about Monday to Friday, playing kick the dog. Then are nowhere to be seen come tournament day! Very very sad.
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Handicap open at South West Snooker Academy in Gloucester tomorrow (well today now actually). 10:30am start. See you all there!
          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Went to Cueball today. A mixed bag for me personally. The highlight being drawn against Jamie Cope in the 1st round. I was given 18 start. I drew him last week too in the round robin groups at Plaza in Stoke -on-Trent. I lost 2-0 that time owing to his 86 & 54! This time however I won 3-1. There were a few issues regarding the match balls, as somehow the black and brown were club balls mixed in! As observant as ever I pointed this out to the club. They duly investigated it and low and behold, once they were all weighed, it transpired that this was indeed the case! ��

I lost my next match 3-1 which meant that I couldn't participate in the plate comp!

Ah well nevermind. We both struggled with the table but I fell foul in the end.
            It was a pretty good turnout with 33 entrants. Meaning just one preliminary match.

If you have never been to cueball in derby then I would recommend that you give it a try! Nice place and decent people to be fair. My only criticism / positive feedback would be that they ditch the entire club ball sets so as to avoid a repeat.
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

That's probably the reason why Leeds event was lower than normal still around 50 i believe i got slapped around in the QF so cost-free day all is good

Comment

-------------------
                Last edited by tedisbill; 17 July 2016, 09:26 PM.
                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                  Went to Cueball today. A mixed bag for me personally. The highlight being drawn against Jamie Cope in the 1st round. I was given 18 start. I drew him last week too in the round robin groups at Plaza in Stoke -on-Trent. I lost 2-0 that time owing to his 86 & 54! This time however I won 3-1. There were a few issues regarding the match balls, as somehow the black and brown were club balls mixed in! As observant as ever I pointed this out to the club. They duly investigated it and low and behold, once they were all weighed, it transpired that this was indeed the case! ��

I lost my next match 3-1 which meant that I couldn't participate in the plate comp!

Ah well nevermind. We both struggled with the table but I fell foul in the end.
                  It was a pretty good turnout with 33 entrants. Meaning just one preliminary match.

If you have never been to cueball in derby then I would recommend that you give it a try! Nice place and decent people to be fair. My only criticism / positive feedback would be that they ditch the entire club ball sets so as to avoid a repeat.
                  Yep went to the Derby one. First tourny since qschool and surprised myself getting to the final of the main off -10 h/cap. Had a couple of good wins against Jamie Bodle 3-1 and then Brandon Sargeant 3-0 (both matches off levels) and had high break of the day with 106. Just a shame to lose the final 3-2 giving 10 start to my opponent, but a good healthy turnout and event I'd highly recommend.

Comment

Originally Posted by marriott View Post
                    Yep went to the Derby one. First tourny since qschool and surprised myself getting to the final of the main off -10 h/cap. Had a couple of good wins against Jamie Bodle 3-1 and then Brandon Sargeant 3-0 (both matches off levels) and had high break of the day with 106. Just a shame to lose the final 3-2 giving 10 start to my opponent, but a good healthy turnout and event I'd highly recommend.
                    Well done Andy. See you 3 weeks tomorrow mate

Comment

is there any results webpage anywhere?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi there. No results pages, but some of the clubs have their own websites which usually have on their own comp results. I don't think many are updated as people don't seem that interested. I will speak to our club and make sure that they continually update pro ams at the club.
                        Might be a good idea to tie them into the website links. Especially if you have searched via snookerhub etc...
                        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Cheers Tony really looking forward to it mate

Comment

Working...
                          X