This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Yeah cos Judd who thinks nothing of spending over £2000 on a pair of shoes would struggle to pay for a cue of his own!
    If someone said to you 'I can make you a cue as good as any out there and I'll give it to you for free and if you don't like it you can flog it for £1500 or give it away' and that person was JP, what would you say? Nah, I'll go to Stamford, save your ash for others John. You'd at least let him have a go. Well, most would. I would!

To be fair, not all do, Ding and Selby don't though I think JP did bung Ding some cues to try.

Comment

Will we, one day, see the end of this "JP gives pros free cues" myth? Total nonsense....
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

It's not a myth.......makes perfect business sense .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
          Will we, one day, see the end of this "JP gives pros free cues" myth? Total nonsense....
          You'll be telling us next that major sports equipment manufacturers don't sponsor sports stars and give them free kit and equipment next!

JP is only doing what Adidas/Nike would. As Neil says, it's a winning business practice. It wouldn't surprise me if Ronnie asks JP to pay him to use his cues one day.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            Judd Lives in London. Parris is in London. Parris bungs free cues to Pros. Is it a Parris cue?! LOL
            No it's not.

Comment

Well its a new cue looks like 4 rosewood splices with green veneers. Reminds me a lot of a cue craft cue he used when he was younger. Though that was jointed and this new cue is 1pc. Will do some more digging to find out what it is.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                I'd say it looks like a Tyrone cue.
                I'd say your bang on the money with that billabong. Martin makes a lovely cue, he likes those luminous green veneers.

Comment

Whatever it is Judd is playing terribly with it. Doesn't look like he's been using it long, something must have forced the change of cue, maybe his old one broke or been stolen.

Comment

Ask Judd, his old Cue which has terrible ash and is very whippy is still in his case, the new one has great ash and is a very solid cue, better than the old one in every respect, probably a local product, but maybe he'll change back again who knows? Ricky Walden also uses a Chinese cue made in the same style as his old English playing cue, as does Stephen Maguire, Mc Gill also is NOT using a cue made in Scotland as is claimed, he did for a few weeks. Ding also has not used his re-worked Stamford cue he used his Thai cue instead and picked up two new Chinese cues this week.
                    The Pros are not that different to you guys, a lot of them change cues regularly, Maguire almost weekly. so pick what YOU think works for you and leave the pros to their own devises.

Comment

Originally Posted by jd147 View Post
                      Ask Judd, his old Cue which has terrible ash and is very whippy is still in his case, the new one has great ash and is a very solid cue, better than the old one in every respect, probably a local product, but maybe he'll change back again who knows? Ricky Walden also uses a Chinese cue made in the same style as his old English playing cue, as does Stephen Maguire, Mc Gill also is NOT using a cue made in Scotland as is claimed, he did for a few weeks. Ding also has not used his re-worked Stamford cue he used his Thai cue instead and picked up two new Chinese cues this week.
                      The Pros are not that different to you guys, a lot of them change cues regularly, Maguire almost weekly. so pick what YOU think works for you and leave the pros to their own devises.
                      If his old cue is terrible to you, that's the way JT likes it. He picked that special off the rack at Parris and had a few shots then took it away. It wasn't a custom, so he's only got himself to blame. I don't think he should have moved from his Cue Craft anyway, he broke into snooker and got to the worlds semi with that cue. Anyway, he should be using some very old air dried ash from Buffalo for that great hit, power and luxury feel not forgetting better harmonics.
                      Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 July 2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I see he pulled that cue from a new parris case earlier today, so....

Comment

Originally Posted by jd147 View Post
                          McGill uses a Maximus . Not sure what he had before , but deffo a Maximus now

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                            McGill uses a Maximus . Not sure what he had before , but deffo a Maximus now
                            McGill had an Exquisite for a while before the Maximus but don't know about before then.

Comment

Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
                              I see he pulled that cue from a new parris case earlier today, so....
                              So his new cue must be made by a cue maker that doesn't make cases ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                                McGill had an Exquisite for a while before the Maximus but don't know about before then.
                                Yeah, I was surprised by the move as he seemed to be very happy (and successful) with his old Exquisite but somehow, he also turned to Maximus. Thai cues are really the trend at the moment.
                                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                                X