No announcement yet.

World Open 2016 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Trump changed cue lately? Looks different.

Ding... no words.

I knew Dotty would lose the decider...

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
      Has Trump changed cue lately? Looks different.

Ding... no words.

I knew Dotty would lose the decider...
      seems to be a Tyrone Cue from Martin Daly by all accounts
      http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...9-Judd-new-cue
      no details as such yet
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

thought so, thanks!

Comment

Unreal win for Kurt Maflin , couldn't hold a cue the day before as his thumb was twice the size after getting an infection from being bitten by a worm !!!!
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Really psyched for Higgins vs Williams.

Comment

uh oh - a big hill to climb for Angles
              Thepchaiya is really on form this event - about time some may say
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hello TSF,

Are you enjoying the show? I am typing this message on computer, so I can cut and paste it onto the forum and not see any results. I am looking forward to watching the snooker tonight. You will currently know how Williams and Higgins are going. I however, do not.

I hope this morning's match is living up to it's billing. I will not know for about 12 hours.

Your friend in snooker, SnookerFan

Comment

It was alright, some good snooker played, although not as much drama as the scoreline at the mid-session interval promised. :smile:

Some good scoring from McGill and Un-Nooh today, should be a good match between them in the quarter-finals. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    Some good scoring from McGill and Un-Nooh today, should be a good match between them in the quarter-finals. :smile:
                    If they could stop putting the interesting matches in the 7am slot I might actually see some of this tournament.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      If they could stop putting the interesting matches in the 7am slot I might actually see some of this tournament.
                      That would be handy to be honest

Comment

Does anyone know if the eurosport app lets you watch the stream at a later time?
                        Handy if you managed to avoid results, I always hate YouTube videos as most put the result in the description.

Not bought it yet but tempted but only this week would fall in this month's time I think, the following thirty days has a bit more if you include qualifying comps. Shame you can't get an allocation of days to use but then I guess thirty days might cover the whole year bar the wc.

I fancy watching McGill vs Un-nooh match as I think they are two of the better newish players to come along, enjoy their styles and could be a very match game.

Comment

Just seen that the Paul Hunter classic finishes on the 28th next month, so I presume a pass bought late tonight or early tomorrow would cover that event as well.

Also their info states rewind live TV for upto three hours, so anyone wanting to watch the 7am games a little bit later could. I wonder if they let you download to watch later like iplayer does.

Worth a risk for a month for two events for a fiver.

Comment

We have had quite a few surprises in this tournament, but all eight quarter-finalists are here on merit and there should be some good snooker over the weekend. I think all four pairs tomorrow have a clear favourite, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get some more surprises. :biggrin:

Murphy seems to be in great scoring form in this tournament, winning all of his matches comfortably so far. His thrashing of Maflin was impressive yesterday, and I think Perry has a very tough job here. Perry has actually never beaten Murphy in any major match, and their 2nd round match at the Crucible last year was very one sided, almost finishing with a session to spare.

Robertson was impressive yesterday as well, and he too has won all of his matches comfortably. But then again, so has David Gilbert. This is actually only the second time Gilbert has reached a major quarter-final, following his run to the final of the International Championship last season. He scored more than 300 points without reply at the start of his match against Zhang yesterday, so it will be interesting to see if he can put Robertson under a bit of pressure.

Nice to see Carter back in another major quarter-final, but he will have a difficult job against a very solid Higgins here, especially considering their head-to-head, which strongly favours Higgins. Carter is a great fighter though, coming back from 4-2 behind to beat Wells yesterday, so Higgins won't have it easy either.

McGill against Un-Nooh is a very intriguing prospect. Un-Nooh finished his whitewash of McManus with two centuries yesterday, while McGill made three big breaks at the end of his match against Selt as well. McGill has actually never reached a major semi-final outside of the short format, while Un-Nooh was a semi-finalist in the International Championship last season, but of course McGill's recent win in India makes him the favourite here. It should be a quick and high-scoring game in any case.

Quick prediction:

Murphy v. Perry 5-2
                            Robertson v. Gilbert 5-3
                            Higgins v. Carter 5-3
                            McGill v. Un-Nooh 5-3

Should be a good day of snooker. :smile:

Comment

yea all 4 interesting matches, I'd like to see Carter in a major (for this term now it's worth) final again! McGill vs Un-Nooh very intriguing I wish it didn't clash with Carter-Higgins.

Comment

Wow .What a result for Carter ........didn't see the game . Did Carter have a blinder or did Higgins have a mare ?
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X