Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing with side

hey guys,

im guessing this has been posted a few times so sorry i its a repost, however i really struggle to pot while putting side on the cue ball, i have tried practising certain shots with side but really struggle to get the hang of it and judge where to hit the object ball, i know the cue ball veers off to the opposite side once you strike the cue ball but i really struggle with it, any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by Snookerman147 View Post
    hey guys,

im guessing this has been posted a few times so sorry i its a repost, however i really struggle to pot while putting side on the cue ball, i have tried practising certain shots with side but really struggle to get the hang of it and judge where to hit the object ball, i know the cue ball veers off to the opposite side once you strike the cue ball but i really struggle with it, any help is appreciated.
    Address cue ball one tip away from centre of the cue ball and aim for the object ball to go near jaw rather than centre pocket no matter which side you use and see how it goes. So if you're top side of the black aim near jaw (black cushion jaw) and if you're below the black aim near jaw (side cushion jaw). This changes with increased/decreased pace and with/against/across the nap and more side but the rule of thumb for starters is aim slightly thicker, see where the object ball goes and adjust accordingly.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      Address cue ball one tip away from centre of the cue ball and aim for the object ball to go near jaw rather than centre pocket no matter which side you use and see how it goes. So if you're top side of the black aim near jaw (black cushion jaw) and if you're below the black aim near jaw (side cushion jaw). This changes with increased/decreased pace and with/against/across the nap and more side but the rule of thumb for starters is aim slightly thicker, see where the object ball goes and adjust accordingly.
      That’s great thank you I will give it a go

Comment

Working...
      X