Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crucible television question

Hi, all.

I'm here in the USA, trying to get my ducks in a row to be able to live stream TWC from the Crucible. I've done this in the past, using various free sports streaming sites, but lately, both my browser and my anti-virus programs have been flagging these sites as malicious, and won't let me in.

I've got another way now, I think (a Firefox add-on), and I need to know the following: From what point in the tournament is the coverage by BBC? Are they covering from day one, or does it start out on Eurosport first?

Any info will be of help, and thanks in advance.

Crucible television question

BBC coverage starts from the Saturday morning first session. Defending champion's match.

Comment

I would imagine most of the Worlds will be streamed live on Facebook this year. No need for a VPN or going to dodgy websites.

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
        I would imagine most of the Worlds will be streamed live on Facebook this year. No need for a VPN or going to dodgy websites.
        Thanks for your answer. Have you ever seen it streamed on Facebook before? And would it just be Facebook in UK or international? Frankly I'm surprised that BBC would relinquish its stranglehold on the Crucible and let it out on a social media. Do you know where I could confirm it?

Comment

They are not official streams so anything could happen with them. I have no idea if it would be only available in the UK, I thought that facebook was world wide and there are usually live streams in multiple languages when I look.
          I have watched the Supercross (American stadium motocross racing) live on facebook quite a few times without any issues, but a couple of times it has been taken down, I assume whoever owns the rights has complained or whatever. I live in the UK have have all of the channels that show the snooker, so I don't really watch on facebook much, usually only if there is a game only showing on the Eurosport player and not on tv that I want to see. Whenever I have done that I have found the game that I'm looking for and the quality of the stream has been good. None of the games I have watched have had any problems with them getting taken down or whatever, I am sure it would have happened at some point though. The big competitions usually have multiple live streams for the same game. There is lots of snooker before the WC's give it a trial before hand. The best option would be to buy a VPN that allows a lot of data then watch on BBC Iplayer. You might be able to get one that gives a free 1 month trial which would cover the whole tournament.

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
            They are not official streams so anything could happen with them... .
            Brilliant, thanks. We have access to a VPN and presumably can then install the BBC app. I will certainly check out Facebook. I watch concerts and such on FB fairly regularly, but it never occured to me to check out if snooker was streaming somewhere. I'm actually a member of a couple of FB snooker groups, mostly UK people, so I can ask around there too. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally Posted by rodmac View Post
              Brilliant, thanks. We have access to a VPN and presumably can then install the BBC app. I will certainly check out Facebook. I watch concerts and such on FB fairly regularly, but it never occured to me to check out if snooker was streaming somewhere. I'm actually a member of a couple of FB snooker groups, mostly UK people, so I can ask around there too. Thanks again.
              There are a few Thai FB pages that stream snooker if you don't mind Thai commentary, they all start with AGTV. Easy enough to find, there is also Snooker Arsenal and Snooker and Pool that do a lot of streams. You can sometimes find live streams on Youtube, just search snooker and set the filter to 'live'. If you have a UK VPN you may be abe to watch it on the BBC website but I don't know.

Comment

FYI, I tried setting up a VPN to use the BBC app, but it would not work. It presumes that if you are using a VPN then you must not be in the UK and won't let it work. Amd the app can be loaded, it just won't work if you are not in the UK. The AGTV FB pageworked for a few of the Welsh Open matches.

Comment

Originally Posted by wlorcb View Post
                  FYI, I tried setting up a VPN to use the BBC app, but it would not work. It presumes that if you are using a VPN then you must not be in the UK and won't let it work. Amd the app can be loaded, it just won't work if you are not in the UK. The AGTV FB pageworked for a few of the Welsh Open matches.
                  I tried this out as well and got the same result, wouldn't let me stream from the BBC website either. But, Eurosport has no such restrictions ATM so you could watch the worlds on there using a VPN, Plus, you won't have to put up with all the BBC's bullpoo.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    I tried this out as well and got the same result, wouldn't let me stream from the BBC website either. But, Eurosport has no such restrictions ATM so you could watch the worlds on there using a VPN, Plus, you won't have to put up with all the BBC's bullpoo.

-
                    Is there a website for Eurosport other than the obvious? Do they have their own app for watching or is it just the website and vpn?
                    thanks

Comment

Usually the matches is on youtube within a few hours these days, so thats another possibility.
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Is there a website for Eurosport other than the obvious? Do they have their own app for watching or is it just the website and vpn?
                        thanks
                        Eurosport player does have an app and I use it on my android. I assume it has a region control built in so you may have the same issue as the websites.

good luck
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

thanks
                          Yes, there's a website to watch and an app for Android devices, not sure about apple. I've used my VPN to watch on both app and website with no problem.

Here's the sign up page:

https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/subscribe

and here's the UK watch page:

https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

best way to look on facebook in by knowing the time of match and searching "snooker" under live videos. You will usually find a stream, granted it might be thai or another asian selection. There is a snooker channel on FB called "snooker arsenel" which is based out of pakistan and plays eurosport etc with english commentary - I would keep an eye on that one. He seems to be a Ronnie fan and I have seen him miss matches from the tournament after Ronnie seems to depart so watchout! Generally very good though.

Comment

AGlive is another facebookchannel. They sometimes miss the late matches as it must be early morning in Thailand at that time.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                              X