No announcement yet.

How much time do you give a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know Home Leisure have tables you can test run a cue on , much much better than buying blind . Its not that far from you and could be worth a visit , cues are a very personal item of sports equipment , everyone has different tastes and requirements as to timber used , one piece , 3/4 or centre joint , weight , tip size etc etc the list goes on . If you have an idea of what you want then a large selection of cues , Peradon or otherwise , that you can take to a table has got to be your best option. Good luck in your search .

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
      How much time would you give a cue? When is it time to give up on it and try something different?
      I am not getting on with my cue, I feel that it is too short for me 57" and too light (no idea how much it weighs).
      The length is something I felt was lacking as I have my little finger just about on the edge of the cue. If I move my hand forward a bit its feels cramped. The weight is not something I thought much about. I just put the poor judgement of the pace of shots down to my lack of ability.
      I tried a few shots with the mini butt on and the extra weight really made me feel like I could judge the pace of shots better and it just felt more comfortable to me. My hand felt like it was positioned better with my little finger on the mini butt.
      I have only recently got back to playing and never owned my own cue when I played as a kid. When/what makes for that point when the cue has to go or do I give it more time and check my technique more?
      You need to know what the exact specs are of your current cue and then try to play with slightly different ones. What club do you play at?

Comment

I have tried looking for a decent shop close to home and Chesworths is the closest I could find at about 4 hours each way in the car.
        With so little experience could I find something I liked and would be happy with for a long time? Is it literally a case of
        when you pick up the right cue you know within a couple of shots in the shop?
        You where saying you preferred your cue, with the mini butt added..
        Try weighting the cue with it on and seeing the before and after.
        You could have the extra weight added to your cue and it lengthened too.
        Which is an option to think about.
        For that one you've always wanted...
        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

@mrbluejay I used a friends scales today and I am going to get some vernier calipers to measure the cue. I play at Redz Cwmbran the only other place I have tried is Red Triangle Cross Keys, I used to play at South Wales Snooker Centre when I was a kid and have been meaning to try Penarth road have you got any recommendations?

@Ninja Cues
          my cue is 17.5 and the mini butt is 3.3. My cue is a cheap Chinese hand spliced that I am not convinced I like the stiffness of so not planning on spending anything on it at the moment. The the 6" mini butt is obviously changing the length and effecting the balance point I guess? Is this worth thinking about or not as the length is so much different with the mini butt on (and obviously way too long for me) with so much out behind my hand?
          Last edited by bobmikeking; 15 January 2018, 12:26 AM.

Comment

The time it takes to put a tip on.
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

@mrbluejay I used a friends scales today and I am going to get some vernier calipers to measure the cue. I play at Redz Cwmbran the only other place I have tried is Red Triangle Cross Keys, I used to play at South Wales Snooker Centre when I was a kid and have been meaning to try Penarth road have you got any recommendations?

@Ninja Cues
              my cue is 17.5 and the mini butt is 3.3. My cue is a cheap Chinese hand spliced that I am not convinced I like the stiffness of so not planning on spending anything on it at the moment. The the 6" mini butt is obviously changing the length and effecting the balance point I guess? Is this worth thinking about or not as the length is so much different with the mini butt on (and obviously way too long for me) with so much out behind my hand?
              Best thing, if you can play with a few other cues then, like it's been said...
              Hard to say what might be somewhere to start from that...
              For that one you've always wanted...
              https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
              X