Snooker computer game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    No, that's for the other snooker game that doesn't have a release date yet. It's called Stephen Hendry's This is Snooker.
    Ah yes of course, my apologies

Comment

Originally Posted by zimrahil View Post
      Ah yes of course, my apologies
      No need to apologise - easy mistake to make. Personally I'm not too excited for This is Snooker/Pool, as the ball physics etc look inferior to Snooker 19 from the little snippets of gameplay available. I might pick up the pool stand-alone at some point, as Snooker 19 doesn't have the option.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

The rep in that last video does say how long this game was in development, but I can't locate the point now.

Talking of future iterations, I have my fingers crossed for a pool add-on somewhere down the line.
        Id pay for a dlc of pool, Chinese 8 ball and English Billiards. I can live without it for now, but it would be great in a dlc or future iteration.

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
          Id pay for a dlc of pool, Chinese 8 ball and English Billiards. I can live without it for now, but it would be great in a dlc or future iteration.
          Yeah, I'd dropped a fiver for one, too. Although I'd prefer 9-ball and US 8-ball. I've emailed Ripstone asking what the chances are. I'll update you if I get an answer.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

No need to apologise - easy mistake to make. Personally I'm not too excited for This is Snooker/Pool, as the ball physics etc look inferior to Snooker 19 from the little snippets of gameplay available. I might pick up the pool stand-alone at some point, as Snooker 19 doesn't have the option.
            Yeah I prefer the look of Snooker 19 plus their devs have been developing snooker games for 20 years so my hopes are higher. The presentation and animated players i prefer too

I would like pool as a dlc though

Comment

The game design process included recreating the Star table exactly from a full set of parts provided to the developer by Star. I can't see them going to the same lengths for a pool DLC, so it could be half baked if it does come. There is already 6 reds and shootout modes, as well as online tournaments running concurrently with the real world tournaments. Should be plenty to be getting on with. Early reviews seem to be good with regards the physics.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                The game design process included recreating the Star table exactly from a full set of parts provided to the developer by Star. I can't see them going to the same lengths for a pool DLC, so it could be half baked if it does come. There is already 6 reds and shootout modes, as well as online tournaments running concurrently with the real world tournaments. Should be plenty to be getting on with. Early reviews seem to be good with regards the physics.
                It depends on if there is enough of a market for it. I would certainly like to play some billiards though, that should be easy enough to program. Anyhow, you are correct though there is enough already in the game to stay engaged. I am interested to see what the career looks like. And like like Billy, I will also be getting This Is Pool if no other reason than to play straight pool.

Comment

Regarding the online aspects of Snooker 19, does anyone happen to know if a PS+ account is required? On the PS Store the game is £24.99 for PS+ members (as opposed to £29.99) so I suspect it will be.

Even if you can play online without a PS+ account, I’ll approach the mode very cautiously. There’ll be griefers and people who just sit there and wait for you to quit if they’re losing. I can see it being a frustrating and unrewarding experience, because like all online gaming it can’t be controlled sufficiently.
                  Last edited by Billy; 9 April 2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

I believe generally the free to play games (E.g. Fortnite, Apex Legend etc) won't need PS+ to play online but all the other games will need it.

And I can relate to that online experience from Hustle Kings a few years back. Normally I out-wait by making tea or do other things when that happens.

Comment

Snooker nations coming to the ps4 Tuesday think only 7 quid or something with 20 percent off for plus users nice cheap stop gap before Wednesday

Comment

Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
                        I believe generally the free to play games (E.g. Fortnite, Apex Legend etc) won't need PS+ to play online but all the other games will need it.
                        Thanks. Not sure how sound that logic is, though, given that Hustle Kings (not a free-to-play game) can be played online without a PS+ account. It's not a deal breaker, but would be nice to think I can at least dip my toe in the MP aspects.

[ETA] Hold on, I may be wrong. Maybe HK was a FtP game. I don't remember now. It was either that or Pure Pool that was FtP.

Originally Posted by NUT View Post
                        Snooker nations coming to the ps4 Tuesday think only 7 quid or something with 20 percent off for plus users nice cheap stop gap before Wednesday
                        I might have a sniff at some point, but not before Snooker 19. Especially considering we're only talking 24 hours between the two.
                        Last edited by Billy; 13 April 2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X