j6 cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    yeah marc, it was a buzz to have a very nice player ask you to make them a cue, though im starting to feel it a bit now getting to the crunch point when all the prepping has been done and the pieces need to slot together.
    as long as it plays as i expect im happy regardless. it actually comes of the same trunk as the last cue a few pages back.
    you have made lots of brilliant cues by now, just let your natural OCD take over, it will be a cracker

Comment

my guess, Dominic Dale :biggrin:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by matthias View Post
        you have made lots of brilliant cues by now, just let your natural OCD take over, it will be a cracker
        it should be matt, going a slightly different route with this one but im am confident and have the outcome well visualized

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        my guess, Dominic Dale :biggrin:
        not in his twenties though looks younger when hes in full vocal rhapsody

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          yeah marc, it was a buzz to have a very nice player ask you to make them a cue, though im starting to feel it a bit now getting to the crunch point when all the prepping has been done and the pieces need to slot together.
          as long as it plays as i expect im happy regardless. it actually comes of the same trunk as the last cue a few pages back.
          As long as you're happy with it mate. The rest is just personal.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Sean O or Hossein?

Comment

Really enjoyed the thread so far Jason, congratulations on that commission.

I'm guessing you might be the type of person who listens more to critique of your work rather than flattery. Usually artistic or craft people, feed off this in a pursuit to be as good as they possibly can be. All great craftsman come through an apprenticeship and for you it looks like a labour of love.

I can understand you waiting for the moment when you feel you are ready to badge your work, it's admirable not cashing in at the earliest. Don't fall in to the artists trap of thinking nothing is ever good enough to put your name to, these babies deserve a J6 badge! 😉
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                Sean O or Hossein?
                rogi i will do a presentation when the cue is ready for the table..

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                Really enjoyed the thread so far Jason, congratulations on that commission.

I'm guessing you might be the type of person who listens more to critique of your work rather than flattery. Usually artistic or craft people, feed off this in a pursuit to be as good as they possibly can be. All great craftsman come through an apprenticeship and for you it looks like a labour of love.

I can understand you waiting for the moment when you feel you are ready to badge your work, it's admirable not cashing in at the earliest. Don't fall in to the artists trap of thinking nothing is ever good enough to put your name to, these babies deserve a J6 badge! ��
                thank you crafty, your on a level and know where im at.. really appreciate your posts

Comment

first cue to come through my new practice, and though its still in development im very happy with the result as this is exactly how i visualized the strike on the splices. looking forwards to the finish so as to star the next..

Comment

Looking good jason
                    Current playing cue Trevor White
                    3/4 ash cue

Comment

That's a good sign happy to hear you are pleased with the results of your labour. I heard recently that machine splice cues are becoming rare because it's just as easy now to turn out the hand spliced look on the machine! This probably means new craftsman like you will become fewer, that's sad. However, your time is now no one can take that from you. The pictures of the cue look mint! Thanks for sharing!
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                        Looking good jason
                        cheers stevie

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        That's a good sign happy to hear you are pleased with the results of your labour. I heard recently that machine splice cues are becoming rare because it's just as easy now to turn out the hand spliced look on the machine! This probably means new craftsman like you will become fewer, that's sad. However, your time is now no one can take that from you. The pictures of the cue look mint! Thanks for sharing!
                        crafty i feel im getting closer to where i wanna be, in the way i work and the results, with each cue i make. and the quality of the pics is thanks to an old ipad handed down from big sis so, things are felling into place nicely.

Comment

Nice splices J, very even and crisp.

Obviously your set up is starting to pay dividends.
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

looks great , as usual !! :snooker:

Comment

this is the next with one more to come, and should be ready for the table early next week..

Comment

Looking good J

Comment

Working...
                                X