Terry's Videos Showing SIT or No SIT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    It was being called 'monumentally stupid' and an incompetent player that finally got to me. I don't like being harassed and insulted by people who don't even play snooker (despite what Travis says about himself).
    Well that's really not on, imho.

While I am disagreeing with you re the effect of side on the path of the OB, I hope you are not insulted etc....

Comment

It was being called 'monumentally stupid' and an incompetent player that finally got to me. I don't like being harassed and insulted by people who don't even play snooker (despite what Travis says about himself).
      Hope your not pointing the finger at me here???

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
        Well that's really not on, imho.

While I am disagreeing with you re the effect of side on the path of the OB, I hope you are not insulted etc....
        Not insulted at all, just don't call me monumentally stupid or a lousy player. A forum is about civil discussion but some take it to the wrong type of extreme.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Not insulted at all, just don't call me monumentally stupid or a lousy player. A forum is about civil discussion but some take it to the wrong type of extreme.
          What about "not as lousy as me"?

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
            What about "not as lousy as me"?
            To give you an example. Yesterday I played one of my mates and lost 5-3 and couldn't make a ball but I noticed I got an odd sound when I chalked my cue near the end. I had on an Elk Master and when I pushed on it my thumbnail went right into the tip. Ripped the tip off and replaced it with an ADR147 and tried it out on long blues and made all of them. Just an example of how insignificant thing can lead to big problems.

It was things like that my vlog was going to be about, actually showing a spongy Elm Master and what they can do to pots, especially long pots with power. Technically you hit the cueball twice since the tip compacts.
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

To give you an example. Yesterday I played one of my mates and lost 5-3 and couldn't make a ball but I noticed I got an odd sound when I chalked my cue near the end. I had on an Elk Master and when I pushed on it my thumbnail went right into the tip. Ripped the tip off and replaced it with an ADR147 and tried it out on long blues and made all of them. Just an example of how insignificant thing can lead to big problems.

It was things like that my vlog was going to be about, actually showing a spongy Elm Master and what they can do to pots, especially long pots with power. Technically you hit the cueball twice since the tip compacts.
              That sort of stuff would be very interesting!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
                Why would they all be setting the shot up wrong though? If they could hit the potting angle plain ball why would they be playing loads of side? They are all good players, they have no need to be trying to fake anything, it's not a conspiracy.
                They're leaving the side door open markz to make sure they can't fail. The fool proof method is to make it impossible to swerve onto BOB by hiding it with a touching ball but they all leave that little gap because otherwise they can't play the shot. J6 is genuinely puzzled but the other three have been found out by this shot and have a deep need to save face.
                You have to make it impossible to swerve onto BOB to the far jaw by hiding BOB to the far jaw with a touching ball. Just put the cue ball against the black in a set plant to BOB to the far jaw, then place a red touching both balls, remove the cue ball and then move the red 2mm over while still touching the black to hide BOB to the far jaw.
                Now if throw is fact you could still make the black without hitting the red, leaving a gap between the black and the red is leaving the side door open, because as Terry and I have stated the cue ball deflects and then comes in on a different line with a final gentle curve as it slows and it's leading edge can then contact BOB to the far jaw.

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                Doesn't have to be that far off centre as long as you time it right you'll get a lot of side
                Of course you won't, that's like saying a stun shot timed well will give deep screw. Are you sure you make two or three centuries a week ?

Originally Posted by dan_ormerod View Post
                Here you go

[ATTACH]18910[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18911[/ATTACH]
                These pics are irrelevent because you haven't traced the path the cue ball took. You all think it goes straight when loaded with side but it doesn't, its initial path deflects opposite to the side applied so if it then goes straight it will hit nowhere near the contact needed to throw the ball in let alone contact BOB.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                  They're leaving the side door open markz to make sure they can't fail. The fool proof method is to make it impossible to swerve onto BOB by hiding it with a touching ball but they all leave that little gap because otherwise they can't play the shot. J6 is genuinely puzzled but the other three have been found out by this shot and have a deep need to save face.
                  You have to make it impossible to swerve onto BOB to the far jaw by hiding BOB to the far jaw with a touching ball. Just put the cue ball against the black in a set plant to BOB to the far jaw, then place a red touching both balls, remove the cue ball and then move the red 2mm over while still touching the black to hide BOB to the far jaw.
                  Now if throw is fact you could still make the black without hitting the red, leaving a gap between the black and the red is leaving the side door open, because as Terry and I have stated the cue ball deflects and then comes in on a different line with a final gentle curve as it slows and it's leading edge can then contact BOB to the far jaw.
                  seat belts on and hold on to whats left of your noodles cus were going around again..

but i have learn that bob does not mean the cue balls potting angle and, that its fair to play a straight black 3/4 ball. if you miss it to the far jaw its got nothing to do with you striking 3/4 its just a bad shot, but if you trick/le it in over a finger print and it drops in on a dogy table off the far jaw then thats a good shot.

still think theres a bit more to it..

-
                  Last edited by j6uk; 21 September 2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Of course you won't, that's like saying a stun shot timed well will give deep screw. Are you sure you make two or three centuries a week ?

These pics are irrelevent because you haven't traced the path the cue ball took. You all think it goes straight when loaded with side but it doesn't, its initial path deflects opposite to the side applied so if it then goes straight it will hit nowhere near the contact needed to throw the ball in let alone contact BOB.
                    WTF you on about now???
                    I was quoting a post from TD who said it looked like Oma was playing centre ball.

Where is this slow mo video to prove you/TD know what you are talking about ???
                    Can't do it can you lol

PS; also where is the video of you doing my black btw?
                    The door is open :biggrin-new::biggrin-new:
                    Last edited by travisbickle; 21 September 2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Got to say from where I'm looking from the BOB isn't available in any of the videos. The white would be playing the stopping ball first.

Comment

Got to say from where I'm looking from the BOB isn't available in any of the videos. The white would be playing the stopping ball first.
                        That's obvious to anyone with half a brain markz.
                        Vmax & TD are just trolling imo

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                          That's obvious to anyone with half a brain markz.
                          Vmax & TD are just trolling imo
                          I'll take that as a compliment lol

Comment

• https://youtu.be/IxSitOFfzb8

Is there anyone on this forum prepared to say the CB makes correct BOB on this shot??

Comment

I'll take that as a compliment lol
                              Your welcome lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                                https://youtu.be/IxSitOFfzb8

Is there anyone on this forum prepared to say the CB makes correct BOB on this shot??
                                I'm sure I've seen Stevie Wonder has an account on here Travis!

Comment

Working...
                                X