Napping block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    Fitters won't do anything on a Star until mid-session interval. But they play on no.10 fast cloths, we don't. So napping between frames is a good idea. Napping on league nights is essential it seems. lol
    Even with new cloths ours tend to slow a little as the evening goes on so this helps against that so you don't get to play on a slowish table if you're last on!
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
      Even with new cloths ours tend to slow a little as the evening goes on so this helps against that so you don't get to play on a slowish table if you're last on!
      Just amazed how many players say to me, that table is so slow, we practiced on it for a few hours and it didn't improve! Like switching the light on is really going to make a huge difference. I then ask them if they dressed the table. Oh no, the club should do that they say. Really, they can afford to do that for your pound an hour? They'd rather have difficulty and a less enjoyable than arrive there five minutes earlier and do a useful muscle stretch napping the table.
      Last edited by Big Splash!; 25 September 2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Any play is going to raise the nap to a certain extent. It is just more pronounced on a heavier cloth.

I doubt if any club could afford the superfast cloths. They would be recovering every few days.
        王可

Comment

It's even worse if you get players that grip the cloth harder and drag their fingers against the nap. Not only ends up slow but get more and more shots rolling off.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
            It's even worse if you get players that grip the cloth harder and drag their fingers against the nap. Not only ends up slow but get more and more shots rolling off.
            It's a hard one that as I've always been told that you should push your fingers into the cloth for the ultimate grip so you have a stable base.

Is that your take on it?

Comment

It's a hard one that as I've always been told that you should push your fingers into the cloth for the ultimate grip so you have a stable base.

Is that your take on it?
              Yeah, need a stable bridge hand but I just lift my hand off table. Seen some guys drag their hand back 3 foot and it does my nut in as the table gets worse all I see is land mines waiting to go off and make pots roll off lol

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                Yeah, need a stable bridge hand but I just lift my hand off table. Seen some guys drag their hand back 3 foot and it does my nut in as the table gets worse all I see is land mines waiting to go off and make pots roll off lol
                Gotta agree with that, no need to drag your hand or anything else. I had 2 new cloths fitted recently and this moron kept dragging his cue up the table after shots; I don't lose it often but I could quite easily have asked him to pick a window as he was definitely leaving!

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                  [ATTACH]18495[/ATTACH
                  I made these up from that Flotel carpet tile stuff that was mentioned in another thread/post. It does a not bad job but I found you had to press down really hard to get the block to run smoothly over the Beize.
                  They are perfect! However. As the flotex has a strong flex, you should ease off with the pressure. As this is still more effective than a bed cloth piece.
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                  https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                    They are perfect! However. As the flotex has a strong flex, you should ease off with the pressure. As this is still more effective than a bed cloth piece.
                    +1 to this, I made my own block using a flotex tile and I find it best not to use much pressure.

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                      Thanks for the tip. Will try with less pressure.

Comment

Hi matey, I'll take you up on one of those if you still have spare and are UK based. Let me know. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
                          If anyone needs a napping block, let me know, I've got some spare 6811T at the moment. The great thing about mine is that you get three workable sides, so you get three times the wear of a Peradon.
                          Hi matey, I'll take you up on one of those if you still have spare and are UK based. Let me know. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by Antonesku View Post
                            You may have missed the text under the user name but this member was banned a long time ago.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              You may have missed the text under the user name but this member was banned a long time ago.
                              Oh okay, thanks for that. I'm not seeing any text under the username.

Comment

the text displays when on a PC, but not in the App
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X