Changes to Crucible Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Was talking to my Dad at his 90th bash the other day, he said when he was a lad you wouldn't leave the house without a tie on .... hahaha
    Your dad was/is obviously very posh jrc, I always thought you were landed gentry. I bet it's actually a thoroughbred Friesian you've got, not a motorbike.
    Congrats to the lord of the manor by the way.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      Your dad was/is obviously very posh jrc, I always thought you were landed gentry. I bet it's actually a thoroughbred Friesian you've got, not a motorbike.
      Congrats to the lord of the manor by the way.

-
      Well actually it's always been rumoured he's related to Lord Barnard (of Barnard Castle) lol

Comment

Originally Posted by rich45 View Post
        Really pleased about this.

"Front Row Brian" should be grateful that he is able to get front row tickets every year, no questions asked.

My vote would be to allocate tickets randomly so that somebody new, perhaps a father with his child who is just developing an interest in snooker, could get the good seats on the front row, rather than a middle-aged, ungrateful, football shirt wearing spectator with a gross sense of entitlement.

I think such a rule has become more likely now that this Brian character has publicly criticised Barry Hearn.

Here's hoping anyway.
        Absolutely this. I know he is a massive snooker SUPPORTER but no one deserves to go every single year at the expense of other just as deserving FANS. Hopefully myself, and others, will get a fairer crack of the whip.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
          Absolutely this. I know he is a massive snooker SUPPORTER but no one deserves to go every single year at the expense of other just as deserving FANS. Hopefully myself, and others, will get a fairer crack of the whip.
          what "expense" to others?
          I believe he will have to queue up like everyone else for next year's tickets; good on him I say
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            what "expense" to others?
            I believe he will have to queue up like everyone else for next year's tickets; good on him I say
            Every year he gets first refusal on the same seats, as do all the others, is one more year others don't get a chance to visit the crucible. I've been several times but still couldn't get a ticket for the past 2 years and I'm sure others have been in the same boat.

First come first served is the way forward.
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post

First come first served is the way forward.
              agree in principal - but I'd rather see a crack down on touts rather than the 'regulars'. Yep it annoying they always get a ticket, but nowhere near annoying as folk buying dozens of tickets then knocking them out for 2x or more the face vale.

At least the regulars attend every session - they're the same as you and me, but obviously get more more holidays and have more disposable income. I shudder to think how much they pay for their season ticket. A grand or more??
              #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                agree in principal - but I'd rather see a crack down on touts rather than the 'regulars'. Yep it annoying they always get a ticket, but nowhere near annoying as folk buying dozens of tickets then knocking them out for 2x or more the face vale.

At least the regulars attend every session - they're the same as you and me, but obviously get more more holidays and have more disposable income. I shudder to think how much they pay for their season ticket. A grand or more??

I can afford to attend every session of every match. Taking 17 days off work as well as leaving at home a wife and 2 kids would prove more difficult.

My point is I don't think it should be first refusal anymore when the demand is so high that's all.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                  . I shudder to think how much they pay for their season ticket. A grand or more??
                  Much more - I remember Statman or Kellie-Text saying that the cost of the 2017 tournament was a 700 INCREASE on 16!

Comment

I use to live in Sheffield and would always go and watch the entire fortnight every year during the early nineties.

Getting tickets was never a problem; indeed many of the sessions saw empty seats.

Tickets then were around 6 quid for a seat at the back, or about a tenner for somewhere near the front.

As the tournament progressed into the latter rounds, the prices would increase but you could still get in for about 15 quid.

I've never really got the whole 'crucible experience must be on the bucket list' thing. It's a decent venue but the only reason it has a good atmosphere is because it is so small.

Comment

Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post

I've never really got the whole 'crucible experience must be on the bucket list' thing. It's a decent venue but the only reason it has a good atmosphere is because it is so small.
                      It's got a great view, great acoustics and decades of history attached to it - that's why it's deemed so special.

Comment

Chocolate Tracksuit top (Same as top for those of a certain age) over what can only be described as a plain retro shirt made as tee-shirt

£700 increase FFS to\from what?

Comment

Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to get tickets for the final, I've read that the tickets will be available this Sunday at 9am. Do people queue hours before hand and big queues or would it be possible to call on the Monday or via the website? Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you.

Comment

Originally Posted by benwmbc View Post
                            Does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to get tickets for the final, I've read that the tickets will be available this Sunday at 9am. Do people queue hours before hand and big queues or would it be possible to call on the Monday or via the website? Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you.
                            Tickets that are on sale will be for NEXT YEAR (pretty sure that's right)

Comment

Originally Posted by benwmbc View Post
                              There will be the odd seat or two gets released back for the final but I don't hold out a lot of hope for this year's myself. As to next year's, which go on sale on Sunday, there are people talking about camping overnight, so box office staff are coming in at like 6.30am or something ludicrous. Then when the website sales start on Monday, there'll be a queueing system to access the site and it will be first-come-first-served for the remaining 2/3 of the final tickets.

Comment

Thank you, sorry it is for next year. Does this mean they will be opening earlier than 9am which I think is what I read, if you say staff are coming in at 6:30am? Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X