Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could give just one piece of advice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay I should be a pro at this category.....LOL
    Get a coach and listen to him and practice, practice practice. Then the real big one. THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS TO THIS GAME. If I had a dollar for every time someone on here told me this in the past three years I could fly across the pond for a couple weeks at the Star Academy.....
    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
      a) ignore people who give coaching advice on internet forums.

b) spend 20 quid on a hour with a good coach.

c) see point a
      Stupid post! So ignore people like Nic Barrow one of the best coaches in the game? he gives advice on here!

Not everyone has a coach in their area and 'good' coaches are sadly few and far between. Perhaps you could add to the thread by recommending the OP a few coaches based on his location?

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
        Stupid post! So ignore people like Nic Barrow one of the best coaches in the game? he gives advice on here!

Not everyone has a coach in their area and 'good' coaches are sadly few and far between. Perhaps you could add to the thread by recommending the OP a few coaches based on his location?
        Its just humour mate - well he made me laugh anyway.

His point is actually valid too by the way you can give general coaching advice on a forum but he is actually right is he not? People have different ways of playing and different problems that you cant generally see - so to properly correct or give advice it is obviously better to see the person in the flesh and demonstrate the solution and observe their game first do you not think?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

His point is actually valid too by the way you can give general coaching advice on a forum but he is actually right is he not? People have different ways of playing and different problems that you cant generally see - so to properly correct or give advice it is obviously better to see the person in the flesh and demonstrate the solution and observe their game first do you not think?
          Agreed it is much better to see somebody in Person as any advice given on here has an element of guess work without seeing the individual play. This is why in my reply I suggested providing names for potential coaches to help guess I am just a bit moody today .

Comment

Exactly, the technical jargon you read on here at times isn't how anyone in their right mind should take too seriously and seeing a coach in the flesh is the only proper way to replicate real play.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
              Exactly, the technical jargon you read on here at times isn't how anyone in their right mind should take too seriously and seeing a coach in the flesh is the only proper way to replicate real play.
              If seeing the "Right" coach agreed.

Comment

If seeing the "Right" coach agreed.
                Oh defiantly

Comment

Agreed it is much better to see somebody in Person as any advice given on here has an element of guess work without seeing the individual play. This is why in my reply I suggested providing names for potential coaches to help guess I am just a bit moody today .
                  No worries we all have them days. My advice - take a deep breath - treat yourself - buy a cue - get tickets for a show - book a holiday - Jump on your bike or in your car stick your favourite tune on get to the club line up the balls order the Jack Dan and smile at the world

Comment

No worries we all have them days. My advice - take a deep breath - treat yourself - buy a cue - get tickets for a show - book a holiday - Jump on your bike or in your car stick your favourite tune on get to the club line up the balls order the Jack Dan and smile at the world
                    Good advice...I certainly dont need to hit a few balls it's that time of year snooker matches start to take over my life...Got cup match tonight league match Thursday and Individuals monday!!! a post match JD doesn't sound like a bad idea though.

Comment

Good advice...I certainly dont need to hit a few balls it's that time of year snooker matches start to take over my life...Got cup match tonight league match Thursday and Individuals monday!!! a post match JD doesn't sound like a bad idea though.
                      Good luck - kick arse

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                        Okay I should be a pro at this category.....LOL
                        Get a coach and listen to him and practice, practice practice. Then the real big one. THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS TO THIS GAME. If I had a dollar for every time someone on here told me this in the past three years I could fly across the pond for a couple weeks at the Star Academy.....
                        To all the coaches and high level players (100 breakers)

You've improved a lot in the last fortnight Les
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

"Stop buying snooker cues, choose one and play with it more."

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                            "Stop buying snooker cues, choose one and play with it more."
                            Stop kidding yourself give into temptation order that ulti you are addicted

Comment

Stop kidding yourself give into temptation order that ulti you are addicted

I'm a lot cheaper than that....though I did have to hold back my ebay trigger finger for the two Grand Emperors with snakewood splices, selling on ebay today.

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                                I'm a lot cheaper than that....though I did have to hold back my ebay trigger finger for the two Grand Emperors with snakewood splices, selling on ebay today.
                                Its only a matter of time click that e-bay mmmmm snakewood - imagine how they would play in your hands - give into the dark side Luke

Comment

Working...
                                X