No announcement yet.

Fitness & snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I replied to this thread the other day but for some reason it didn't post so reposting it now.

All the fitness fanatics are coming out now :-p

@Derek P

Thank you for such your in depth input. You certainly know your stuff. 16 stones with abs is huge, even at 6ft. If you got to 16 stones @5-6% bodyfat you'd be almost olympia ready. I understand everything you say about training and dieting. It takes over our lives literally. I hardly ever go out, my best friend was a food scale. My dream was to be 14-15 stones @5% bodyfat. I'm only 5'7". I got to around 87kg with some abs showing. Was aiming for 100kg with striations everywhere.

These days I just want to be ripped and maintain it forever. No more dreamer bulk for me. I know about always wanting more and striving for perfection but never being satisfied. Bigorexia, body dysmorphia is very real.

I've been doing I.F for so many years now, and eat low carbs most days. On top of it all I think I suffer from insomnia.

I reckon once you get to your level of snooker you'll be able to play at a decent level no matter how much your physique changes. I am just your regular club player though who knocks in a 20+ here and there or 30+ once in a blue moon.

If you were local you'd be a excellent snooker partner. Get some frames in then talk about training. Only problem is I won't get much table time.

Do you or anyone else here have instagram I can follow? I need the motivation from time to time.

So there is some varied opinions of our physique affecting our game but I think we all agree that the mental side caused by dieting and training is detrimental to our snooker ability. And this game certainly raises my cortisol levels at best of times :-p

It is so mentally hard to cut down on training. The guilt of not training when it's not a rest day is immense.

Comment

Working...
    X