No announcement yet.

2019 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't think I've ever seen such good run of the ball as Neil had in that frame!

Comment

• Very poor attempt at that plant from Robertson. It's a bit strange how inept a lot of these pros are at judging plants, that one was miles off.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Very poor attempt at that plant from Robertson. It's a bit strange how inept a lot of these pros are at judging plants, that one was miles off.

-
        He should have watched Shock's video of reverse plants
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Glad Trump got through, despite how badly both players were tonight I feel that with Judd's recent win in a final against Ronnie that he will have a much better chance than Robbo would so it should be a good match.

Comment

• Ronnie Judd final

Who predicted that!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Ronnie Judd final

Who predicted that!

:smile:

Interesting match. Trump missed a few balls that he can't afford to miss against O'Sullivan, but tomorrow is another day... :smile:

Comment

• 2019 Masters

another day indeed....
                can't wait

Comment

• Trumps movement on the shot appeared to get worse midway through the match . He definitely missed one pot when he noticeably moved on the shot .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Trumps movement on the shot appeared to get worse midway through the match . He definitely missed one pot when he noticeably moved on the shot .
                    He always moves, it's part of his technique, his problem is when he doesn't move as usual, especially on slow shots and when the pressures on and he tightens up he doesn't move before the strike but slightly afterwards and therefore strikes where he's addressing it.

And Ding should have had a go at the double on that green to carry on the max attempt, it looked like a natural straight run off the cush for the brown to me. Brilliant last black though and I saw the yellow was in as soon as it came off the baulk cushion, I shouted out 'he's fluked it' to no one really but that's the excitement of the moment, Ronnie's smile was priceless.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Should be a good final today.

Judd Trump and Ronnie O'Sullivan have had many memorable matches over the past seven years or so, with success on both sides. I would give a slight edge to O'Sullivan though, because he has been competitive in almost every one of their previous matches, whereas Trump has shown some nerves at times and let the match get away from him. He has no problem getting in first in frames, but he is not really winning them in a single visit, which is something you definitely need to be doing in finals against O'Sullivan. There is a definite pattern of Trump starting slowly and going behind early on against O'Sullivan, then getting stronger in the second part of the match, so it will be interesting to see if today goes the same way. As interesting as yesterday's matches were to watch, I think all four players actually had a pot success below 90% in the end, so there is definitely room for improvement today. In O'Sullivan's case that would be holding his concentration at the same level as it was in the first four frames against Ding, and in Trump's case it's just cutting out the unforced errors on scoring visits and not letting frustration get to him the way it did after the third frame against Robertson.

I guess O'Sullivan also has a big edge in experience today, and he is more used to playing these big matches in recent times, as this is arguably Trump's first final of this importance in more than four years. But then again, there is a bit of extra pressure on O'Sullivan as well, because he has never managed to win both the UK Championship and the Masters in the same season before. I'll go for O'Sullivan to win 10-7. :smile:

Comment

• Fancy Trump today, think he has had his nervy performance last night and looks good so far.

Comment

• Think Ronnie will take it today but will be close I think
                          Current playing cue Trevor White
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

• This could get embarrassing if Ronnie doesn’t get a grip. Seriously feeling the pressure he is being put under. Can’t believe that red he missed, couldn’t have asked for an easier opener.

Comment

• Does anyone know what time Ronnie starts playing?

Comment

• Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
                                Does anyone know what time Ronnie starts playing?
                                Next frame. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X