help some tips for keeping elbow still up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
    I also prefer watching beautiful looking cue actions, but there are million ways to strike a ball. Both M. Allen and P. Ebdon can pot pressure balls for lots of money and have done so many times. They deserve respect.
    Mark Allen is a good example of keeping the natural flow of the arm that feels right for him, there is no point in introducing things like elbow drop unless it feels like the natural progression for the arm to absorb the energy of the stroke. Want power take a longer bridge and longer backswing and generate more speed, keep the tension out of the grip and forearm, put the tip where you want it and you will get all the action you need, it is that simple. Any coach that tells you different is blowing smoke.
    1/1000th later
    https://youtu.be/t2lb4hx4ClM

Long backswing
    https://youtu.be/Ku1DiJfiXFo

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      The nine ballers are that busy working things out with a pencil they don't have time to fix their cue actions
      Some people used to think the earth was flat and the sun went round the earth or that if you drove over 30mph you would suffocate.
      Thankfully there were people that thought different.

Comment

Well, I’m reading a lot of ‘smooth’ delevery and elbow drop and so on.
        Tell you guys what: i have a lovely smooth cue action, i drop my elbow in the line of the shot, got a good stance and line up every pot, i stay dead still on the shot.
        However i can’t pot a boll. Now what

Comment

Ha ha, you're screwed. If the shot is aimed correct and your cue action is delivered straight, there must be some cosmic force bending the balls away from the pocket. Can't do much about that

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
            Ha ha, you're screwed. If the shot is aimed correct and your cue action is delivered straight, there must be some cosmic force bending the balls away from the pocket. Can't do much about that
            :biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Comment

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
              Well, I’m reading a lot of ‘smooth’ delevery and elbow drop and so on.
              Tell you guys what: i have a lovely smooth cue action, i drop my elbow in the line of the shot, got a good stance and line up every pot, i stay dead still on the shot.
              However i can’t pot a boll. Now what
              If the whole of your cue isn't on the line of aim to start with then it doesn't matter how still or smooth your action is. It's the most important part of the game, after that all you have to do is move the cue in a straight line for six inches.
              Those who think they have trouble doing that, and have worked on it for years and still can't play don't have the whole of their cue on the line of aim.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Ignore the elbow. Concentrate on cueing straight. Top professionals don't play with a perfectly fixed elbow. If you fix the elbow it acts like a pendulum and the grip will go up into the body as you strike the cue ball. Most pros drop the elbow even if it's a little. Concentrate on cueing straight.
                Gavin York.
                Snooker coach based in Northampton, England.
                Level 2 First4Sport Snooker Coach.
                Www.snookercoaching.net

Comment

Working...
                X