samsung galaxy S8 . your experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    that's my point. it's the same phone. each time they make very small changes and the price rises enormously. And for what ??
    It's a bad policy for the company. I mean, based on Apple's course of action, within the next 2 years the price of an iPhone will rise to at least 1500 euros.
    This is not funny anymore !!
    I think it is as people will still but it!!

Android all day long for me...plus have companies like One plus and others that make great phones for less than the to maker's
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
      I think it is as people will still but it!!

Android all day long for me...plus have companies like One plus and others that make great phones for less than the to maker's
      I'd rather say, people have no choice.
      it's like windows . First we got win vista and than we got win 7 / win 8 / win 10. each time they produce a new operating system, the old laptops get slower / more difficult to synchronize with new software and so on.
      they force people to buy a new laptop.
      i honestjy think it's the same here. It's all marketing / more profit / less noticeable changes in term of quality.
      If Apple does'nt change its policy, within 2 or 3 years, those phones like one plus and Huawei will take over and lead the market . And why not !!

Comment

it's like windows . First we got win vista and than we got win 7 / win 8 / win 10. each time they produce a new operating system, the old laptops get slower / more difficult to synchronize with new software and so on.
        i honestjy think it's the same here. It's all marketing / more profit / less noticeable changes in term of quality.
        If Apple does'nt change its policy, within 2 or 3 years, those phones like one plus and Huawei will take over and lead the market . And why not !!
        I agree people have a choice....
        I don't like the walled garden with Apple or they pricing policy....

Huawei are already coming up as one of the to maker's people don't really know about yet....
        They also make a few other phones like Honor and can't remember the other one.

They are also some great phones coming out of China..

Comment

And here we go!!
          12 sep , announcement of Iphone 8.

just saw the prices.

64 GB = 1200 euro.

Well, I've only 2 words for this: completly Madness !!
          Depends in a way how we differentiate madness paying £1000 for a phone with many people using it 24/7 or some of us who'll pay £1000 for a snooker cue that we'll use 2 or 3 times a week.

It all boils down to peoples priorities & what they want spend their money on I'd say.

Comment

Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
            Depends in a way how we differentiate madness paying £1000 for a phone with many people using it 24/7 or some of us who'll pay £1000 for a snooker cue that we'll use 2 or 3 times a week.

It all boils down to peoples priorities & what they want spend their money on I'd say.
            Damn , and I thought you were on my side!!

First, you can not compare a snooker cue with a smartphone.
            You pay 1200 for a (lets say JPU), and assuming that the cue suits your game, you can still play with it after 20 years. It's a life time cue. I mean it's not like the cue getting slower after 4 years. Well, i can sure you , you can'nt say that when it comes to a smartphone.

Second, you get my point completely wrong. Maybe I was'nt clear.
            I wasn't talking about the price.
            I was referring to. increase of the price .

You mentioned something about snooker cues, right?
            So lets say you pay for a RO green plate plain ebony 500 mark.
            What would you feel if the cue maker changes his policy and ask for the same cue 750 mark and this, just because he replaced the braas ferrul with a titanium feruule. ?? even though.you pay for that cue to use it for a life time.

Don'nt get me wrong, I'm a apple fan and I have a iphone as my
            personalphone.
            Nothing against apple.
            But this policy and course of action, will eventually destroy the apple and his markt.
            and believe me, this is not only my opinion.

Comment

Even OnePlus have drawn critics following their recent price hikes. After plenty of research I opted for a ZTE Axon 7; it was £300 very well spent i feel.

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                Even OnePlus have drawn critics following their recent price hikes. After plenty of research I opted for a ZTE Axon 7; it was £300 very well spent i feel.
                Yes I've seen what you mean about that but you still get a great phone for a lot less than most..
                I was looking at that myself.

Comment

Vista was useless from day one and was purely because Microsft rushed it. I build and repair computers for a living and am still using Windows 7, have indeed just reinstalled 7. When that expires in 2020ish, I'll move to 8, but there is no reason to upgrade until then, and there's nothing to prevent you either upgrading the software on your laptop or reinstalling what's there - Apple may force users to buy new hardware, but you can use pretty much every edition of Windows on any machine you like.

If you're buying a new laptop because there's a new version of Windows, you're wasting even more money than you are paying hundreds for a phone!

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                    Vista was useless from day one and was purely because Microsft rushed it. I build and repair computers for a living and am still using Windows 7, have indeed just reinstalled 7. When that expires in 2020ish, I'll move to 8, but there is no reason to upgrade until then, and there's nothing to prevent you either upgrading the software on your laptop or reinstalling what's there - Apple may force users to buy new hardware, but you can use pretty much every edition of Windows on any machine you like.

If you're buying a new laptop because there's a new version of Windows, you're wasting even more money than you are paying hundreds for a phone!
                    well, this's a very good point .
                    vista was a nightmare. that's for sure.
                    XP and W 7 are the best operating systems provided by Microsoft so far, imo.
                    It's true you may be able to use it (I still use W 7). But in terms of speed and security of your PC data makes a big difference.

Why do you think majority of cyber criminals focus on hospitals and Government buildings? Just like the ransomware in UK a while ago.
                    Bcuz most of the hospitals are still using XP. It's an old operating system and easy to hack.

for individuals sector might makes a little diff. but when it comes to Government as well as big companies , those who're useing the software in big S, a new operating system is crucial and protecting the old one more difficult and expensive.
                    And those big guys are the most important and
                    potential Microsoft's customers.
                    Do you know what it cost to provide every hospital across the country from a reliable
                    anti ransomware ? believe me , alot .
                    Agree with you , though
                    Drama with apple is much worse than Microsoft .

Comment

Guys / girls !!

Anyone owns this phone?
                      just curious about placement of the fingerprint scanner right next to the camera sensor .
                      I thought i'm gonna buy this one for somone . it's her birthday .
                      can'nt make up my mind tbh . buy this one or .....
                      Hi there,

I own the S8+ for about 4 months now. Overall a good phone but not as good as the iPhone. Fingerprint is the back is very convenient!

If you do buy it DO NOT use the sync or the google account option!!! I had some of pictures just vanish from my gallery!

Comment

Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                        Hi there,

I own the S8+ for about 4 months now. Overall a good phone but not as good as the iPhone. Fingerprint is the back is very convenient!

If you do buy it DO NOT use the sync or the google account option!!! I had some of pictures just vanish from my gallery!
                        Thanks for response my friend .

I'll take your advice on board .
                        Yeah , regarding fingerprint i get diff feedbacks tbh . The one is not happy and the other have no problem with it .
                        Since i've always used iphone , i'm not used to that fingerprint on the back side tbh.
                        I have a iphone as my personal Phone. I have a samsung S7 (is not mine, from my employer). I use most of the times Samsung S7 and i have to say, had no problems with performance so far.
                        Also, depends, how you use it. Some people game or listen to music via their Phone. I never do that tbh.
                        Anyway, today is announcing iphone 8 (iphone X). I do'nt know what time. I think I've missed it.
                        According to the latest news, they gonna remove fingerprint and replace it somewhere else? you have any update ?
                        That would'nt be a good news when it comes to a iphone, tbh . I hope they do'nt do that .
                        My personal taste, though .

Comment

So, the journey is complete !!
                          now we have iphone 8/8 plus and Iphone X.

8 starting with 850 euros
                          X starting with 1200 euros. both 64GB

I have to admit it is a beautiful design. Looks nice.
                          Fingerprint is gone. Face scan may works very well. the time will decide.
                          Still, not my taste.

Couple of extra options. And a slight difference in terms of speed.
                          This may be huge but I doubt the home user will notice that .

despite, of all the facts, I still put my bet on Iphone 8.
                          May consider and change my opinion in future, though.
                          We'll see !!

Comment

Working...
                          X