Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ bluenose.
    My friend ,
    I apologize for my previous post, I am tired and did not pay attention to your post. We have discussed the useing side in Terry's thread. That can be useful when you deal with those closed pocket shots
    And thr is no room for BOB.
    You may wanna read it ,. Can be useful info to you .

Also keep an eye on here , i'm sure others will flw wlth thr opinions .

Comment

This is the shot that I have in mind. Hopefully the attachment will work ok.

Is this sort of shot classed as high on the black or low on the black? My drawing is pretty atrocious but I think you will get my drift.

Potting in blind pocket.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post

Is this sort of shot classed as high on the black or low on the black? My drawing is pretty atrocious but I think you will get my drift.

[ATTACH]18918[/ATTACH]
        I think I will take this opportunity to further confuse you. In technically correct terminology the black cushion and spot are called 'top cushion and top spot' but what's been happening with the snooker commentators is they have been referring to it as the viewer sees it on TV so your cueball would be 'below' the black and is referred to as a 'cut-back black'.

Do I have you thoroughly confused now? These days you have to specify to eliminate confusion.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post

[ATTACH]18918[/ATTACH]
          I'd say that is low on the black

Comment

You need a good pre-shot routine. Try this. Instead of standing square on with your feet either side of CB on approach and then stepping in with leading foot, stand back with leading foot already in front of the CB facing the angle of the OB, and cue on the rail to the side on your hips. Then walk into shot as you normally would. You'll find you'll be very near to potting the ball already...Pick your "spot" on OB when doing this....

I'm always trying out different ways to pot more balls...This one by far has been the best of 'em!
            Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Stand up straight behind the shot on the line of aim before getting down into your stance with your feet in the same position as your stance so that you don't turn your body/head/sighting eye when getting down, ie if you use a square stance then both feet parallel, boxer stance then one foot in front of the other.
              This puts the line of aim/cue ball/BOB on OB/body/head/sighting eye on the same trajectory as you step forward as when down in your stance giving a better chance of putting the cue on the line of aim throughout the whole process.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
              X