The Quest for Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by markz View Post
    I'm just using a basic elk. I like the fact it's round instead of a cube, I can mess the top up of a square piece of chalk within a few sessions and becomes annoying to use. This wears evenly as its round and I reckon one piece may last me 12 months. I was daft enough to try kamui chalk which was crap and 10 quid dearer than the taom. Think for the benefits it's worth the initial outlay.
    Can you stick it in your back pocket comfortably?

Comment

One a month Travis? It must be all that side you use and double chalking after all those miscues lol
      You are getting me confused with someone else I think lol

Comment

One a month Travis? It must be all that side you use and double chalking after all those miscues lol
        Just seen your comment. 12 months really??
        How many marks out of 10 would you give it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          Can you stick it in your back pocket comfortably?
          I'd imagine so, I'm a chalk pouch user but draw the line at wearing a glove.

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
            Just seen your comment. 12 months really??
            How many marks out of 10 would you give it?
            I probably don't play as often as you but used it for 3 weeks so far and shows very little use. I chalk every shot but only lightly. I've had 1 kick in that time against my mate and he had normal triangle chalk. All solo sessions no kicks, no chalk on cue ball or table and really good grip, no miscues. Early days but got to be good 8/10. Plenty pros on twitter giving good reviews and Neil Robertson said they should all start using it.

Comment

I probably don't play as often as you but used it for 3 weeks so far and shows very little use. I chalk every shot but only lightly. I've had 1 kick in that time against my mate and he had normal triangle chalk. All solo sessions no kicks, no chalk on cue ball or table and really good grip, no miscues. Early days but got to be good 8/10. Plenty pros on twitter giving good reviews and Neil Robertson said they should all start using it.
              Cheers Markz.

I'll wait until ADR gets his next batch in to try one out

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                Cheers Markz.

I'll wait until ADR gets his next batch in to try one out
                I got lucky, following the pros on twitter I saw all the positive reviews and then saw a regular guy saying he still preferred his triangle chalk. He sold me his two pieces of Taom for 12 quid instead of paying 30 plus postage from Finland.

Comment

I'd imagine so, I'm a chalk pouch user but draw the line at wearing a glove.
                  But is it bigger than a regular cube?

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                    But is it bigger than a regular cube?
                    Just put a new piece next to a new triangle chalk. It's slightly smaller but being round I think it gives better chance to actually use a full piece. Don't think I've ever got to halfway on a normal chalk before changing.

Comment

• If it's that good , hopefully the price will come down with more people buying it .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                        Does anyone know the reason why this Taom chalk is so expensive??
                        It's only chalk after all, unless it has gold dust mixed in with it!!!
                        It's about the same as Kamui chalk my friend .

And too expensive . . Master chalk is more than enough to play this game with , imo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                          It's about the same as Kamui chalk my friend .

And too expensive . . Master chalk is more than enough to play this game with , imo.
                          kamui chalk is like a putty it is terrible ****e - this at least is a chalk!
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            kamui chalk is like a putty it is terrible ****e - this at least is a chalk!
                            Yeah, in terms of quality is not exactly same. But in terms of consistency are about the same, imo.
                            You chalk once and you can play 4 -5 shots in a row.
                            a mate of mine use it (he plays American pool). is kind of mixture of oil and chalk. i just can'nt describe it , tbh.
                            strange stuff .
                            Not for me anyway . too expensive !! i would'nt recommend it for snooker .

Comment

• Both Kamui and Taom chalk are gimmicks and a rip off!
                              I was offered the opportunity to endorse one of the brands and refused.
                              ---
                              I'm sponsored by Tweeten and have been since a childhood.
                              I can walk into any club in the world and some kind person at Tweeten have left me either a cube of Triangle or a cube of Master depending on which game I'm playing.
                              ---
                              Question:
                              How many pros do we see on TV using either Kamui or Taom chalk?
                              The truth lies within the answer of this question... :snooker:
                              Last edited by the lone wolf; 25 September 2017, 06:44 PM.
                              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                              National Snooker Expo
                              25-27 October 2019
                              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• I agree total Rip Off!!........... £15 Block of Chalk!!

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                                Both Kamui and Taom chalk are gimmicks and a rip off!
                                I was offered the opportunity to endorse one of the brands and refused.
                                ---
                                I'm sponsored by Tweeten and have been since a childhood.
                                I can walk into any club in the world and some kind person at Tweeten have left me either a cube of Triangle or a cube of Master depending on which game I'm playing.
                                ---
                                Question:
                                How many pros do we see on TV using either Kamui or Taom chalk?
                                The truth lies within the answer if this question... :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X