MW super tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Mine came on Wednesday, and managed to go see Stu at Greenbaize yesterday to put one on for me, played last night and instantly played much better than I had been, altho the place was so hot we had to give up after 5 frames.
    Well worth the nearly 30 Euros price
    What price a good tip though
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originals ones are very good. Still have 5 of them. As good as better elks ones and can be used for a long time before changing them.

Comment

Agree about the original ones being good,tried a new type Super tip again on a different cue and after a few frames went hard so that tip went straight in the bin ,back to the drawing board

Comment

Ordered a couple of Supertips and put it on ten days ago, it was far to soft though so I ripped it off yesterday, gutted really as i loved the ones I had a couple of years ago, still got one left but I'm sick of getting the cue re-tipped so i had something else put on, no idea what as it was from a friends box, it feels decent though so I'll leave it on
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            I think if mike could get his original super tips made to the same standard then he would - they remain the best pressed tip made so far.
            Are they back?

http://handmadecues.com/cue-tips/

Comment

look similar!
              http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Did Mike do a soft or super soft version of the Super Tip?
                REDS ARE NO GOOD WITHOUT COLOURS !:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by callum from hallam View Post
                  Did Mike do a soft or super soft version of the Super Tip?
                  He has a very informative website, just have a look. His super tip has never been available in different variants of hardness. His softest tip is a velvet tip.

Regards

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave! 👍🏻
                    REDS ARE NO GOOD WITHOUT COLOURS !:snooker:

Comment

Has anyone tried his latest version of the Supertip. According to his Fb page yesterday it's "the rebirth of the original supertip".Really hope so ,they were special.

Comment

Originally Posted by DisherDave View Post
                        Has anyone tried his latest version of the Supertip. According to his Fb page yesterday it's "the rebirth of the original supertip".Really hope so ,they were special.
                        Ordered some yesterday. Hope so as well - not found anything on par since.

Comment

GG - let us know how you get on with these new ones?
                          A kind TSF member is sending me an old one (2014?) to try and I hope that these new ones are the same as/as good as the old ones for the future.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I eventually got time to myself yesterday to put the older MW Supertip tip on. I left it quite thick - I have a tendency to over do the rubbing down the bottom so deliberately left it thick so I would not ruin this tip
                            It went perfectly
                            I trimmed it down with the big-pencil sharpener first and then did the "Trevor White" method with a new Stanley blade gentle slicing up. The leather felt really good
                            A gentle dome then added to the already nice dome it came with, burnish with 3000 and ready to go.
                            I hit the table last night - two day old new cloth, new rails, etc and this was snooker heaven
                            I was potting them in off the new modern duets lights

The tip reminds me of the old Elkmasters I used to have back in the 80s - it hits with a soft sound (no "dink") but with grip and control, it is perfect

I hope the new ones are the same as I am sure I will get some more after the tip runs out

Many thanks to the TSF member who sent me this tip - their last one - is that the same as a last Rolo? :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Many thanks to the TSF member who sent me this tip - their last one - is that the same as a last Rolo? :wink:
                              Must be true love

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Must be true love
                                the way I played last night I think I owe him my first-born!

Comment

Working...
                                X