cue arm elbow not in staright line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by aditya_143 View Post
    i understood that i have to keep my elbow high but how to get it?thanx everyone for reply and help

By keeping your shoulder joint as low as possible.

Is it an ,, MUST ,, to cue decently and get sum good results?
    Absolutely not.

The most important thing is that you are comfortable with whatever you re doing.
    For example, S Lee did'nt hold his shoulder joint as high as JT does.
    Despite of that, S Lee did'nt have to put so much effort on cue to get the same results as JT does . Especially when it came to playing power shots.

sum players keep thr elbow joint all the way the backswing until the moment of striking the ball , at the same point ( J Trump ).
    Sum players have some movemnt in thr elbow during the backswing ,BUT, at the time of striking thr elbow joint falls back at the same point where he was at the moment they started the backswing . ( ROS )

The important thing is: your elbow joint should end up at the same point where he was ( before you started the backswing ,and, at the end of delivery ).

And Find a way to close your grip and do it consistent.
    It's sumthing which gets overlooked by many players. Your grip is the key to your cue power.

Some players stop the cue at the end of delivery with their back three fingers ( Ronni / S Lee ) . It's my favorite btw !!

You may have a diff tactic which suits your game. (it's your game).
    As long as you do it consistently.

I would say that 95 percent of decent players have 3 diff aspects in their technique as common.

1- At the time of striking , their elbow joint will end up at the same point where he was just before they started the backswing .
    This is actually something described by coaches as: stay beyond the shot.

2-they find a way to cloes their grip and do it consistently. ( otherwise you gonna mess up with your timing and cue power)

3- They do'nt put to much effort on cue . ( snooker is an technique , not wrestling. You do'nt have to play karate against the cue.)

BTW,
    I Did'nt read all the posts in this thread. just In case already been mentioned or you had some better advice from Terry/Vmax/....................
    well , then ignore this post.

Comment

thanx,and anything on the point which i made regarding stance in my last comment?

Comment

Thanks dean and terry you guys are amazing ,

In the course of this thread what i understood is ,my major issue is not elbow out but its the height of elbow or in general the natural hinge which elbow makes such that the cue gets a slope which gives precision power and timing, for that i figured out that my stance i.e right leg the weight on it is uneven when i bend sometimes i can feel the weight on front part of my foot other on my back part of foot but i noticed when my weight comes evenly distributed in my entire foot thats when i get the correct elevation in my cue and so called dell hills drive also starts coming.But now i am still in course of figuring out that weight evenly distrbuted in my foot sometimes it comes others it dont,i tried approching the shot like john mark ronnie with a kink in the right leg while steping in the shot ,that still doesnt help very much any views on this and how to get it?
        thanx,and anything on the point which i made regarding stance in my last comment?

listen to what this guy says regarding different types of stance. (startinng at 20:35 of the vid. between 20:35 & 28:30 minutes ).
        Get to the club and try all of them. until you find one which you're most comfortable with and suits your technique, my friend.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          listen to what this guy says regarding different types of stance. (startinng at 20:35 of the vid. between 20:35 & 28:30 minutes ).
          Get to the club and try all of them. until you find one which you're most comfortable with and suits your technique, my friend.

Great to see you around Ramon. Kind of getting quiet in TSF. Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
            Great to see you around Ramon. Kind of getting quiet in TSF. Cheers
            Yeah, i got a couple of days leave from TSF Jail. Thanks to one of those samuraies.*
            Thanks my friend, you're kind. Happy to see your still here.

Comment

Nice to see you up and running again.

Welcone back.
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                Nice to see you up and running again.

Welcone back.
                Thanks Marc . I appreciate it .

Comment

Thanks Marc . I appreciate it .

Yeah ...welcome back . Always liked your posts

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                    Yeah ...welcome back . Always liked your posts
                    Thanks . You're kind .

Comment

Thanks dean and terry you guys are amazing ,

In the course of this thread what i understood is ,my major issue is not elbow out but its the height of elbow or in general the natural hinge which elbow makes such that the cue gets a slope which gives precision power and timing, for that i figured out that my stance i.e right leg the weight on it is uneven when i bend sometimes i can feel the weight on front part of my foot other on my back part of foot but i noticed when my weight comes evenly distributed in my entire foot thats when i get the correct elevation in my cue and so called dell hills drive also starts coming.But now i am still in course of figuring out that weight evenly distrbuted in my foot sometimes it comes others it dont,i tried approching the shot like john mark ronnie with a kink in the right leg while steping in the shot ,that still doesnt help very much any views on this and how to get it?
                      You seem to be obsessed with very minor points in the snooker set-up which everyone does differently anyway. There is always the 'textbook' set-up taught by coaches like myself but which no one really follows anyway since they all make or might require small alterations to that textbook set-up because of their technique or even their physique.

Your question regarding weight distribution falls in this category. Weight should be distributed in whichever way makes the player feel the most comfortable (see Nic Barrow's video posted) and ideally 45% on each foot and distributed across the foot and the remaining 10% on the bridge forearm and elbow. However you must work out this weight distribution yourself or else get to a good coach to sort you out. As long as you are stable and solid and don't move during the backswing and delivery everything should be fine.

Now I want you and everyone else reading this to consider one thing...The object of everyone's snooker technique IS TO DELIVER THE CUE AT THE POINT OF STRIKE BACK TO THE EXACT SAME POSITION AS WHEN YOU ADDRESSED THE CUEBALL THE FIRST TIME. Of course, to do this consistently you must stop the cue in the address position at some point in the pre-shot routine. My recommendation is this to be done as close to the delivery as possible to give the brain a chance, so at the front pause just before the final backswing. (I believe PJ Nolan agrees with me.)

Think about it,
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Yeah, i got a couple of days leave from TSF Jail. Thanks to one of those samuraies.*
                        Thanks my friend, you're kind. Happy to see your still here.
                        Hope we will all stay for a long long while mate. Relax and contribute to what you like and ignore what you don't like. That is the way to go forward Ramon.

Comment

Stay sober Ramon

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                            Stay sober Ramon
                            No way !!

It's one-way traffic, I'm afraid.

Comment

Dont worry about that,Loads of great players have the same.
                              just try and get throw the ball straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X