No announcement yet.

Coral tour chanpionchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I would LOVE to see him win another Worlds, I wouldn't be surprised either way. As long as he can win more ranking events, and any other "triple crown" event, his legacy will only be cemented as the greatest.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
      Think Neil could be in with a good shout of winning at Sheffield this year. Not sure Ronnie has the concentration for Sheffield if that match was anything to go by.
      I agree. Great chance for Neil given his current form, and like you say big question over whether O'Sullivan wants another Worlds badly enough to go through the slog. He's said a couple of times those two weeks are too much of a grind for him these days.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• His current records?..do correct me..

Fastest 147
        The most maximum breaks
        Most triple crown events total
        First to hit 1000 centuries
        Equal with Hendy in number of ranking titles.

Dam..its already cemented hes the greatest.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Fizzl3 View Post
          Possibly...but to me hes breaking records, even if he doesnt get the worlds anymore he is still winning tournys has been considered the GOAT time ago...all the rest is icing on the cake.
          I don't know... I'd rather he at least equal Hendry, worst case scenario equal Davis. The World's is the big one and whilst he's done well there, Hendry is the king of the crucible as it stands with Davis 2nd in line.

I absolutely agree that Ronnie is the best player I've seen but there will always be an asterisk by his name if he doesn't equal Hendry. I found it a little bit wrong when Hazel unequivocally announced Ronnie as the greatest after eclipsing Hendry's triple crown wins when he is still two world titles behind Hendry.

The crucible is longer frames and should be where the cream of the crop rise. Anyone can beat anyone in a best of 7/9/11.

Comment

• Ronnie's been winning so much recently he ain't calling no more on family and friends to celebrate with him... That's the downside though of have so many tourneys on the tour that winning titles becomes a random act. I guess... I think he should retire if he wins the worlds next month, I mean what else should the guy play for? What else is there left to prove??

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
              Ronnie's been winning so much recently he ain't calling no more on family and friends to celebrate with him... That's the downside though of have so many tourneys on the tour that winning titles becomes a random act. I guess... I think he should retire if he wins the worlds next month, I mean what else should the guy play for? What else is there left to prove??
              To win 8 World titles. The undisputed greatest snooker player of all time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                To win 8 World titles. The undisputed greatest snooker player of all time.
                Indeed. I don't think he will retire until he either has 8 (or 7) or until his game slips to the point where he isn't capable of winning 8 (or 7).

If he did eventually join the seniors tour he doesn't want Hendry constantly reminding him that in the big one, he ultimately fell short.

Comment

• Whoever wants to win at the worlds needs to step up. Lots of interesting matches followed immediately by average ones at the moment. So many scrappy frames which should have been clinched in one visit. So many opportunities for frames to be stolen if only a player could clear the table, and 90% of those chances are missed. I don't know if the standards have slipped, or I'm looking at snooker 10-15 years ago with rose tinted spectacles, or maybe there's too much snooker on TV now and it gets boring, but I really need a bunch of players to get their act together and start performing to a consistently decent standard. This includes Ronnie. To be frank, he is nowhere near his best, everyone else is just making him look better.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                    Whoever wants to win at the worlds needs to step up. Lots of interesting matches followed immediately by average ones at the moment. So many scrappy frames which should have been clinched in one visit. So many opportunities for frames to be stolen if only a player could clear the table, and 90% of those chances are missed. I don't know if the standards have slipped, or I'm looking at snooker 10-15 years ago with rose tinted spectacles, or maybe there's too much snooker on TV now and it gets boring, but I really need a bunch of players to get their act together and start performing to a consistently decent standard. This includes Ronnie. To be frank, he is nowhere near his best, everyone else is just making him look better.
                    That's like asking golfers to shoot a 67 every round they play, or a football team to win every match 6-0. Snooker may have looked more consistent 10-15 years ago, but that's because there were a fraction of the tournaments and about 8 decent players.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Was Selby at world no.1 for the second longest time after Hendry?

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                        Was Selby at world no.1 for the second longest time after Hendry?
                        It goes Stephen Hendry (418 weeks) >>> Steve Davis (365 weeks) >>> Ray Reardon (312 weeks) >>> Mark Selby (215 weeks)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          That's like asking golfers to shoot a 67 every round they play, or a football team to win every match 6-0. Snooker may have looked more consistent 10-15 years ago, but that's because there were a fraction of the tournaments and about 8 decent players.
                          So in 2009 Snooker only had 8 "decent" players? Um.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Pot Shot View Post
                            It goes Stephen Hendry (418 weeks) >>> Steve Davis (365 weeks) >>> Ray Reardon (312 weeks) >>> Mark Selby (215 weeks)
                            ^^^ That's consecutive

Overall the order remains the same Stephen Hendry (471) >>> Steve Davis (365) >>> Ray Reardon (362) >>> Mark Selby (321)

Comment

• Tbf it does seem like every year ROS plays amazingly well, is hyped for the WC, but doesn't really turn up. He hasn't even made the semi finals in his last 4 and has lost to players he normally has his way with (Bingham, Hawkins, Ding, Carter). The Mark Selby loss really hit him hard IMO, even if he won't admit it.

Comment

• Why do you guys think Ronnie thinks so highly of the world championships... I am quite sure he just looks at it as another tournament... it's all time after all and effort. I am sure if there was anything else he would have enjoyed doing just as much as he enjoys playing snooker he would have retired right away. Whether he is consider GOAT or not is not up to him to decide and trust me if he'd be asked 20 years ago or 10 he himself would have told you he is the GOAT because he probably believes no one ever played the game as well as he does and did... or that just doesn't bother him that much at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X