No announcement yet.

World Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just e-mailed ITV to ask if they are going to televise any more ranking events in the future.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
      I've just e-mailed ITV to ask if they are going to televise any more ranking events in the future.
      Well done, SnookerFan. I know a lot of people regard it as useless filler, but it would be nice to have another channel offering snooker coverage with backstage access. During the Haikou WO, it was no more than studio links and pundit talk from Foulds, and I don't expect any network to ever get the same backstage access that the Beeb do, but at least if felt a little more like a snooker programme as opposed to Eurosport's table-camera feed.
      Last edited by Billy; 6 March 2013, 06:28 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Well done, SnookerFan. I know a lot of people regard it as useless filler, but it would be nice to have another channel offering snooker coverage with backstage access. During the Haikou WO, it was no more than studio links and pundit talk from Foulds, and I don't except any network to ever get the same backstage access that the Beeb do, but at least if felt a little more like a snooker programme as opposed to Eurosport's table-camera feed.
        I feel the same way.

I don't want to diss Eurosport, because it televises a lot of snooker that other channels can't be bothered with, but it's not without fault.

They have always been a bit rubbish at sticking to schedule, though that's improved. Their big issue at the moment is, they don't seem to bother to televise the final live on Sundays and you have to settle for 90 minutes of highlights in the evening. This sometimes happens on Saturday for the semis too. And like you say, it's nice to see a bit of analysis as well, even if it is just Neal Foulds chatting up some blonde bird in a studio somewhere.

I'm not suggesting Eurosport stop covering snooker. As stated, they have been dedicated to snooker when other channels haven't, and at some of the Chinese tournaments they offer match choice with Eurosport covering one match, and Eurosport 2 covering another. But it's nice to see some of the tournaments getting on ITV as well. That can only be a good thing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
          I feel the same way.

I don't want to diss Eurosport, because it televises a lot of snooker that other channels can't be bothered with, but it's not without fault.

They have always been a bit rubbish at sticking to schedule, though that's improved. Their big issue at the moment is, they don't seem to bother to televise the final live on Sundays and you have to settle for 90 minutes of highlights in the evening. This sometimes happens on Saturday for the semis too. And like you say, it's nice to see a bit of analysis as well, even if it is just Neal Foulds chatting up some blonde bird in a studio somewhere.

I'm not suggesting Eurosport stop covering snooker. As stated, they have been dedicated to snooker when other channels haven't, and at some of the Chinese tournaments they offer match choice with Eurosport covering one match, and Eurosport 2 covering another. But it's nice to see some of the tournaments getting on ITV as well. That can only be a good thing.
          what is eurosport suppose to do.

they got comitments to other sports aswell.

there's so much snooker on Eurosport at the Moment with 20 tournaments they might as well call it eurosnooker but its Eurosport and that means catering for all sports that sometimes with that commitment the weekend is bursting with sport action that they have to show different sports after the 30 hours on 2 channel's they have given snooker during the week

Comment

• Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
            what is eurosport suppose to do.

they got comitments to other sports aswell.

there's so much snooker on Eurosport at the Moment with 20 tournaments they might as well call it eurosnooker but its Eurosport and that means catering for all sports that sometimes with that commitment the weekend is bursting with sport action that they have to show different sports after the 30 hours on 2 channel's they have given snooker during the week
            I can see your point, wildJONESEYE, but I can see SnookerFan's too. It would make more sense for Eurosport to drop some of the snooker leading up to the final, in order to dedicate the Sunday to full live coverage.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              I can see your point, wildJONESEYE, but I can see SnookerFan's too. It would make more sense for Eurosport to drop some of the snooker leading up to the final, in order to dedicate the Sunday to full live coverage.
              but during the week there's not as much to show Live so they could drop snooker and show Watts or Recordings of other sports.

Comment

• Yeah, don't drop live snooker during the week. That would be crazy.

I know that Eurosport do what they can, with what they've got. They are never going to have the budget and facilities of Sky Sports or the BBC, so aren't going to be able to offer Red Button service say. Nor are they going to show it free on the website, as that way nobody would pay for the actual channel.

My point was more saying it's good to see it on some other channels like ITV4 to give us a choice, rather than "Let's take it off Eurosport".

Comment

Working...
                X