elk tips expiry date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elk tips expiry date

I have been using elk tips, however recently i changed 5 tips and they all are hard, cueball contact touch doesnt feel good, cannot screw back with confident, and when i play top spin it seems the tip slips off.
    had 20 tips in a plastic bag but in a cool locker

however i doubted that it might be those tips restored there for couple of months and they are expired!
    never had this problem before. changed 5 times/ 5 days and they are all the same.

btw i heard something like g3 yesterday when neil robertson won his match, that he uses g3 tips as jimmy white said he uses g3 too, is it a new tip? or its the layer ones?

thank you
    please do share your experience

Originally Posted by snooker beast View Post
    I have been using elk tips, however recently i changed 5 tips and they all are hard, cueball contact touch doesnt feel good, cannot screw back with confident, and when i play top spin it seems the tip slips off.
    had 20 tips in a plastic bag but in a cool locker

however i doubted that it might be those tips restored there for couple of months and they are expired!
    never had this problem before. changed 5 times/ 5 days and they are all the same.

btw i heard something like g3 yesterday when neil robertson won his match, that he uses g3 tips as jimmy white said he uses g3 too, is it a new tip? or its the layer ones?

thank you
    please do share your experience
    The G3 is made by Century and is a pressed tip (single piece of leather). Lots of the pro's use them now - Explanation here.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

There are people who prefer hard Elks, myself included.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        can you explain more? why would u love hard elks? i have been using medium or even soft ones

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          Is that because you learned the game playing plain ball where possible and always trying to land high on balls to get position Terry? I imagine hard tips are good for that style.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I have found soft Elks get spongy even before you finish shaping them plus I have always preferred a hard tip. Although it may not mean too much but with a soft tip you would have the tip's initial contact with the cueball and then a couple of microseconds later the cue coming through sand squeezing the tip into the cueball. I've always found my long potting is better with a harder tip.
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Elks are fine and continue to be fine. No doubt there are great alternatives, ADR's tips included but i've always had the mentality that if it aint broke don't fix it.
              I've had a medium Elk on my cue for approximately 12 months and it's kept a good shape and is responsive to spin. You might have a bad batch of tips but it's worth fluffing the tip up a little to expose the fibres, i've done this on the odd occasion where i've left my cue in a cold car overnight etc to breathe some life back into the tip.
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Try Regency Pro, they are very similar to the Elks of years ago, consistent and you can choose between soft, medium and hard. See them on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                X