Looking for my first cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

you should check out the cues - tp starts at 160GBP and Phoenix Master around the 180GBP. they also stock Mastercue and Omin.
      let me know if you need me to check them out - the weight, butt size are also important. Mastercues start from around 140GBP
      is the dealer av....?

edit: there are some machine made cues at lower price points - that's an option as well if you are interested.
      Last edited by babhishek; 14 February 2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
        you should check out the cues - tp starts at 160GBP and Phoenix Master around the 180GBP. they also stock Mastercue and Omin.
        let me know if you need me to check them out - the weight, butt size are also important. Mastercues start from around 140GBP
        is the dealer av....?

edit: there are some machine made cues at lower price points - that's an option as well if you are interested.
        Hey Abhishek. Yes I am talking about AV Billiards. I have a few friends in Bangalore but unfortunately they have no clue about cues.
        I would really be grateful if you could check them out for me but before that I need to decide the price that I am willing to pay. How much do you think I should pay for my first cue?

Is it possible for us to connect on whatsapp for easier communication?

Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by psyhigh View Post
          Hi guys. So I contacted a dealer in Bangalore, India and asked him for some options. He told me I could either go for a Ton Praram series 1 plain ebony butt or one of these Phoenix cues posted below. The TP one is a little cheaper at £165 and Phoenix at £220 for the cues only. Which one is the better option?

Also if someone can suggest be something cheaper for my first cue I'd appreciate that

https://ibb.co/6s2KDgy
          https://ibb.co/jr33Q7v
          https://ibb.co/V3C5yKJ
          Important thing to always remember when buying a cue, exotic woods and splicing will not provide a better playing cue. They just look nice and involve more work so therefore cost more. They will not improve playability!

The plain ebony made by TP in my opinion is the better cue. This style was always the preference of Jimmy white and Steve Davis amongst other great players also. That's a reasonable price for a great cue that should absolve your mind of thoughts to blame the cue when starting out playing this game.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Important thing to always remember when buying a cue, exotic woods and splicing will not provide a better playing cue. They just look nice and involve more work so therefore cost more. They will not improve playability!

The plain ebony made by TP in my opinion is the better cue. This style was always the preference of Jimmy white and Steve Davis amongst other great players also. That's a reasonable price for a great cue that should absolve your mind of thoughts to blame the cue when starting out playing this game.
            I agree with you. After I researched on cues prior to which I had no clue about them, I found out that most of the price we pay is for the butt and the wood used in that which is why I wanted a second opinion if there are cues that would play just as good as them but at a cheaper price. I don't care if the butt is plain. I just want a good shaft that would play good.

I saw some cues from Woods that are really cheap for being 'handspliced' as quoted on their website but I don't know if they play good.

Comment

I agree with you. After I researched on cues prior to which I had no clue about them, I found out that most of the price we pay is for the butt and the wood used in that which is why I wanted a second opinion if there are cues that would play just as good as them but at a cheaper price. I don't care if the butt is plain. I just want a good shaft that would play good.

I saw some cues from Woods that are really cheap for being 'handspliced' as quoted on their website but I don't know if they play good.
              Woods cues can be very decent. There have been a number of good reviews on here about them. I personally know a guy at my club who plays with one very well and I have picked it up a looked it over and can say it was well above other cues in that price bracket. Just make sure you can pick one with a nice grain should you decide to buy. Some sites show a nice picture of grain which is not always the same cue that arrives in the post......
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Woods cues can be very decent. There have been a number of good reviews on here about them. I personally know a guy at my club who plays with one very well and I have picked it up a looked it over and can say it was well above other cues in that price bracket. Just make sure you can pick one with a nice grain should you decide to buy. Some sites show a nice picture of grain which is not always the same cue that arrives in the post......
                Thanks for the headsup.
                By 'nice grain' do you mean those arrow heads pointing upwards, nice tight straight grains through the rest of the shaft? Anything else to keep in mind?

Comment

Thanks for the headsup.
                  By 'nice grain' do you mean those arrow heads pointing upwards, nice tight straight grains through the rest of the shaft? Anything else to keep in mind?
                  "Arrows" or straight grain are a personal preference many cues will have both which you should see from different picture angles a supplier provides of the shaft. Some players find Arrows off putting others find them useful for alignment. If a cue has both you can choose your favourite spot each time you cue up to the ball.

Very uneven or wonky line grain isn't top grade.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

sure, PM me your details - once you have 10 posts

Comment

Working...
                    X