2017 World Snooker Championship Players Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Was that not McGill and Maguire that shared the car down?
    Ohh yeah don't know where i dreamed that up from, all look the same them Scottish peeps

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Yes it was mentioned by him after his win over Hawkins, on the night before the last session he drove who knows how many miles to Les Dodd (?) who kept his club open for him then let him have 1/2 hour knock to bed it in, he said he got back to Sheffield at something like 3 in the morning and only got around 3 hours sleep. He also said Frazz usually does his tips (you know the guy he shared a car with and who he beat in the first round ha ha ha) but also said Raymond (Exquiste cues) had put his dodgy top on
      I thought both tips looked ok but if you're not feeling it then it's gotta go.

Looks aren't everything........heard that before somewhere.

So, Selby Higgins and Wilson all changed their tips mid tournament, I wonder how many others did!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        I thought both tips looked ok but if you're not feeling it then it's gotta go.

Looks aren't everything........heard that before somewhere.

So, Selby Higgins and Wilson all changed their tips mid tournament, I wonder how many others did!
        And two out of three of them are in the final, we will all be doing it mid frame come league night
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Yes but if using an ash cue (like majority of people do) surely you always hold it with the grain in the same location
          Same players do that but know a few that don't, so having a flat would make no difference... Just what she or use to..
          For that one you've always wanted...
          https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            And two out of three of them are in the final, we will all be doing it mid frame come league night
            Nah. That means only two thirds of them were right lol.

St least they had the courage to change them; can't quite believe that these guys don't have a couple played in or ready for change, could be really costly!

Comment

More tip shapes from this years World Championships for sad tip junkies, not me of course!

Cue Tip Shapes

Comment

More tip shapes from this years World Championships for sad tip junkies, not me of course!

Cue Tip Shapes
                LMAO this is even more anal than me!!!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  LMAO this is even more anal than me!!!
                  This is all your fault Andy.

I used to read all yours and everyone else's stuff on tips.

I will be diverting all tip queries to my website to your email from now on!

Comment

This is all your fault Andy.

I used to read all yours and everyone else's stuff on tips.

I will be diverting all tip queries to my website to your email from now on!
                    oh gosh no don't do that!! the photos of players tips though made me laugh, I met Jimmy Robertson in Frames a while back and his tip looks like it was thrown on from across the room!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      oh gosh no don't do that!! the photos of players tips though made me laugh, I met Jimmy Robertson in Frames a while back and his tip looks like it was thrown on from across the room!
                      Love it!

I'm thinking of doing a rogue's gallery of peoples tips but can't seem to get enough examples and I know they're out there!

Happy for people to send them to my mobile (on the contact page on the website).

I think I spend a silly amount of times trying to discuss cue orders where people are convinced they need a 9.75mm tip on a new cue as that's what they've had for the last 10 years and when I can get them to measure it roughly it always comes back nearer 9mm due tip constant tip sanding.

It's all good fun and beats discussing quality control statistics of electric meter testing for the gas industry!!

Comment

I really think I need to try a soft, medium and hard and extra hard tip. I have never done this. I beleive the tip is very important and finding the best one for your game is important. It will cost a little but cheaper than getting a new cue. Cheers
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Does anyone know which tip Kyren Wilson was using in his last 16 match against Jones? It chipped from one side when he accidentally jumped the cue ball off the table.

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                            I really think I need to try a soft, medium and hard and extra hard tip. I have never done this. I beleive the tip is very important and finding the best one for your game is important. It will cost a little but cheaper than getting a new cue. Cheers
                            It always makes me smile when someone has a thousand pound cue and a 2 pence tip then they slate the cue!

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                              Does anyone know which tip Kyren Wilson was using in his last 16 match against Jones? It chipped from one side when he accidentally jumped the cue ball off the table.
                              According to his coach Barry Stark who also fits Kyren's tips he uses Elk Master.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                                According to his coach Barry Stark who also fits Kyren's tips he uses Elk Master.
                                Thanks Dave.

Comment

Working...
                                X