No announcement yet.

cue action verifivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that music playing in the club ? You need to get that turned off bloody off putting when trying to play 😆

Comment

I had a look at your old video and your grip position on the butt of the cue is fine. In your new video you have moved the grip further up the butt, but in both videos you're doing the same thing with your upper arm dropping into the stroke, cueing from the shoulder instead of from the elbow.
      There is a very fine line between hitting the cue ball before or after the upper arm drops into the stroke and although holding the cue further down the butt should prevent this, your cue action is one where the shoulder and elbow move together on the delivery stroke, although they don't on your feathers before the strike.

You need to feel what you're doing on your feathers and bring that feeling into the delivery stroke because at the moment they are two separate actions, how you feather is how you should be delivering the cue on the strike.
      When you stop the cue going forward at the cue ball on your feathers, take that into the delivery stroke and strike through the cue ball but stop the cue going forward when the grip hand closes at about ten inches past the cue ball rather than the couple of feet it travels now.
      Control the delivery stroke to a definite end point using just your elbow joint, just like you do on your feathers rather than let it go all the way to your body and beyond by bringing the shoulder into the delivery stroke as you do now.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Is that music playing in the club ? You need to get that turned off bloody off putting when trying to play ��
        I preferred to think that it has been added afterwards...

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Is that music playing in the club ? You need to get that turned off bloody off putting when trying to play 😆
          thank you i really apreciate you advice , and sometimes during a mach it disturbe my cocentration , but for now im focusing in my technique and where how im holding the cue ... not related to music ....

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            I had a look at your old video and your grip position on the butt of the cue is fine. In your new video you have moved the grip further up the butt, but in both videos you're doing the same thing with your upper arm dropping into the stroke, cueing from the shoulder instead of from the elbow.
            There is a very fine line between hitting the cue ball before or after the upper arm drops into the stroke and although holding the cue further down the butt should prevent this, your cue action is one where the shoulder and elbow move together on the delivery stroke, although they don't on your feathers before the strike.

You need to feel what you're doing on your feathers and bring that feeling into the delivery stroke because at the moment they are two separate actions, how you feather is how you should be delivering the cue on the strike.
            When you stop the cue going forward at the cue ball on your feathers, take that into the delivery stroke and strike through the cue ball but stop the cue going forward when the grip hand closes at about ten inches past the cue ball rather than the couple of feet it travels now.
            Control the delivery stroke to a definite end point using just your elbow joint, just like you do on your feathers rather than let it go all the way to your body and beyond by bringing the shoulder into the delivery stroke as you do now.
            hi thank you sir for hour time and effort ...
            i moved my grip position to get my hand perpedecular ...

Comment

Hey Mudza, glad to see you're back.

I still think your bridge hand is a bit far from the cue ball, but given your position in the second video, I don't think you can get much closer. I think the main thing to work on is delivery, as everyone else has said. When you feather, you're feathering up to about 2 inches away from the cue ball. That isn't necessarily good preparation for your stroke/delivery. Start feathering closer to the cue ball without touching it; remember that some top players have fouled the cue ball from feathering so closely. You feathered at about the right distance in the first video.

You've slowed down the speed of your stroke quite a bit, which is good. Now, I suggest you start trying to cue without getting your hand to hit your body too much. Some people here have suggested holding the cue a bit closer to the end of the butt; that may work. However, as you said

Originally Posted by Mudza View Post
              i have to change the angle formed by my arm and my body
              and if am i need a power in a shot i have to move my bridge and my grip litle back...
              The angle must change, yes. When You're cueing in the second video, your arm, when brought back with the cue, is at a //| angle. It should be going back a bit farther, increasing the angle. Your cue should hit the ball just after your arm comes into alignment with your body || or is straight/perpendicular. Lastly, your arm is being brought into your body too son because, as people have said, you're dropping your shoulder. The angle of your arm should be able to go past |\\ without hitting your body first.

Try practicing cueing with a shorter follow-through first, and keep your shoulder still, and get used to your elbow swinging like a pendulum. Then, later, increase your follow through. This will be helped if you can move your bridge a bit closer to the cue ball, because you won't need as much follow through. Forget trying high power shots until you get used to the motion on soft or medium shots. For reference, check out some videos of Mark Allen, and see what he does for normal shots.

Also, do the cueing down the spots exercise. It'll help you cue straighter. That's the most important part of power shots, is hitting the cue ball well, not just hard or fast.

Comment

Working...
              X