No announcement yet.

cue moving from the midle if the chin to diminatiin side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all top players started with a coach so he will teach them to aim under there dominant eye ...
    Incorrect

Dominant eye theory as most people understand it is not correct because every person sees aiming and especially sighting down the cue differently. It's something most players develop naturally until some 'coach' tries to get them to conform to their dominant eye and screws them up forecer.
    Correct

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Where do people get such wrong ideas? Dominant eye theory as most people understand it is not correct because every person sees aiming and especially sighting down the cue differently. It's something most players develop naturally until some 'coach' tries to get them to conform to their dominant eye and screws them up forecer.
      I mentioned you and a post, without quoting as it would have spoiled the delusion\fun, lol.

You posted elsewhere about cueing under inner eye or under chin as easier on the back, and the eyes adjust, or something very similar?
      Last edited by blahblah01; 1 June 2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        I can only think of Ding and Ali Carter and even their heads are very slightly turned to the right with cue centre chin so not exactly 50/50.
        exactly, ding and carter are slightly left eye dominant. The only ones I can think of that appear centre off top of my head are Yupeng, Wilson, Davis, Williams, Holt, but even they all appear to turn head slightly.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
          exactly, ding and carter are slightly left eye dominant.
          How do you know that?

Selby?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
            How do you know that?

Selby?
            I've asked Dings old coach but you can also clearly see it lol. Selby is obviously cueing under his left eye as well....google search images.

Comment

Selby is obviously cueing under his left eye as well....google search images.
              But Selby is right eye dominant. From those googles you can find see him seeing if he can hit OB's and in right places using his right eye - ie left one closed...

Comment

The dominant eye was something I had been struggling with for years and it made me very unconfident and inconsistent. I tried almost every position in the book and over thought it way too much. That was the problem for me and the solution was so ridiculously simple lol. Just dont think. See the line, Get down on the shot and just cue straight. Play your natural game.... made all the difference and im much more confident now. If I were to break down exactly where my cue position is now, Id say its pretty centre chin but slightly favouring my left eye. But point is you can pretty much adapt to any position if you practice it enough and dont overthink.
                from http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...t=dominant+eye

Comment

I've spent long periods (e.g. 6 months) cueing under my right eye, and then closer to the chin etc.

I stuck it under my chin a few months ago and decided that's it. Since then things have slowly gotten better with more accuracy on the longer shots and I naturally tilt my head a little so the brain has worked out how much right eye it wants I guess!
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I wrote that post a while ago, before I had sight right coaching done. Still stands true to a degree in the sense that I can play decent with and without my dominant eye. End of the day you can play however you want if you practice hours and hours but that still wouldnt mean youre getting the most out of your potential. Im 100 percent convinced using dominant eye helps for sighting long pots....doest mean its impossible to pot long pots other ways but I dont think its a coincidence either that the best long potters in the world all use dominant eye.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                      But Selby is right eye dominant. From those googles you can find see him seeing if he can hit OB's and in right places using his right eye - ie left one closed...
                      Selby is left eye dominant and cues under it as such. He has better vision in his right eye which is why he uses it to see close calls but the dominant eye has nothing to do with ocular strength.

Comment

We all have a dominant eye but not everyone uses it when playing snooker, but a larger percentage of one eye is used by the brain to rifle sight down the straight line of the cue to the centre of the cue ball. This could be your natural dominant eye, as it is with myself, or the other eye as it is with Selby.
                        We can all move our heads to a positon where the other eye takes over as the sighting eye, but for most that looks and feels wrong, like when I stretch for a shot and the right eye takes over from the left; I can still pot these balls but it feels wrong and I can miss some easy ones when doing this so I take up the rest and the left eye once again takes over and it all looks correct.

Let's call it the sighting eye.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Here are some stats that I came across awhile ago. Not very many woman have a dominant eye. 75-80% of men do amd the dominant eye usually follows the grip hand so right handed players usually have the right eye dominant. Just like what's happening with Selby and a host of other players, both amateur and pro.

I have always insisted the opposite eye to the grip hand is the best for having a more compact set-up and I've always called that the 'sighting eye' rather than dominant because dominant eye is an urban legend first noticed with Joe Davis who was right handed and had very poor vision in his right eye and the definitely cued under his left eye, extremely so.

Bottom line in all of this is go with the sighting eye that feels the best to you and forget trying to get your cue underneath the dominant eye.
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

great informations , thnx sirr

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                              Here are some stats that I came across awhile ago. Not very many woman have a dominant eye. 75-80% of men do amd the dominant eye usually follows the grip hand so right handed players usually have the right eye dominant. Just like what's happening with Selby and a host of other players, both amateur and pro.
                              The dominant eye evolved in human males as they invented basic weapons like spears and bows and is mainly the opposite eye to the favoured hand.
                              Most right handed rifle shooters/archers use their left eye, left handers use their right eye; of course there are exceptions and you can see many shooters in all sports with strange contraptions and aiming techniques to use a very dominant eye the same as their favoured hand, you see this in cue sports as well with differeing stances to get a very dominant eye over the cue. Some players seem to have the cue outside of their vision altogther but the brain subconsciously decides which eye to use using two prerequisites, ocular vision and dominance and you will aim accordingly.
                              All you have to do is look and your brain knows what you require of it and will do it for you.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Interesting, as I was always told the Dominant Eye is the same as Dominant Hand...

Comment

Working...
                                X