cue moving from the midle if the chin to diminatiin side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Interesting, as I was always told the Dominant Eye is the same as Dominant Hand...
    Not following you here as that's what both vmax and myself said. Dominant eye follows the grip hand. In my case I'm right-handed and my right eye is dominant but I sight with my left eye by turning my head slightly to the right.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

So agreeing that dominant eye and hand are usually the same?

I mentioned you above as posted interestingly elsewhere re back\stance issues with curing under inner eye.

I'm on phone and will reply to the Selby stronger eye thing; but there seems to be a fair whack of strange stuff on this thread....

Comment

If I remember the research stats correctly (it was a few years ago) I believe the percentage of right grip hand and right dominant eye is over 80%. The percent of players using opposite eye from grip hand to sight was around 85% or higher.
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

A tad confused there, unless you are saying a lot are not using their Dominant Eye?

Some stats and stuff:
          https://zackssports.com/gun-stance-r...dominance-aim/
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocular_dominance

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            The dominant eye evolved in human males as they invented basic weapons like spears and bows and is mainly the opposite eye to the favoured hand.
            Most right handed rifle shooters/archers use their left eye, left handers use their right eye;
            of course there are exceptions and you can see many shooters in all sports with strange contraptions and aiming techniques to use a very dominant eye the same as their favoured hand, you see this in cue sports as well with differeing stances to get a very dominant eye over the cue. Some players seem to have the cue outside of their vision altogther but the brain subconsciously decides which eye to use using two prerequisites, ocular vision and dominance and you will aim accordingly.
            All you have to do is look and your brain knows what you require of it and will do it for you.
            The bold bit is why I questioned it, with the itallics being the relevant bit re Snooker, imho. I have never Shot or done Archery, but I would expect them to be more linear and ONLY the Dominant eye is used?

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            Not following you here as that's what both vmax and myself said. Dominant eye follows the grip hand. In my case I'm right-handed and my right eye is dominant but I sight with my left eye by turning my head slightly to the right.
            Which brings both eyes in line?
            Last edited by blahblah01; 12 June 2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

i just stoped thinking about that i feel better anf see some litle improvment , i cleared 10 reds proprely, and 18 with one misse after losing position ,

Comment

So 10 balls?

This no colour after a red is confusing me, lol

Comment

10 reds only , its somethhing big for me , i just discovred how and where to holde the cue , 1month ago and stiil not sure about it

Comment

Still better using colours, imho.

Comment

thnx sir , iwas loking for a practice routin easy than the line up , so i decided to go with reds only ... , i will try to practice 5 reds with pink and black it will be 10 pots again

Comment

Keep it up Mudza - everyone learns at a different pace and most of us develop bad habits along the way, so learn some tips on what you should be doing and then keep it as natural and comfortable as you can

Comment

Yep much better, imho

Have a look at Barry Stark's Youtube stuff and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFQ8AOLGFxE

Comment

im strugling with the midle pocket , is it realy dificult ??? i tryed the 7 segment practice , but i find it too hard so i 1 ball from each side but stiil difecult

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              Yep much better, imho
                              Have a look at Barry Stark's Youtube stuff and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFQ8AOLGFxE
                              thank you again

Comment

Originally Posted by Mudza View Post
                                im strugling with the midle pocket , is it realy dificult ??? i tryed the 7 segment practice , but i find it too hard so i 1 ball from each side but stiil difecult
                                Wiser owls than me will be along, but the nap on table and pace are relevant.....

Comment

Working...
                                X