Wrist twist while bending down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrist twist while bending down

My grip hand wrist twists when I bend down for the shot and my cue goes off the line of aim due to that even before I start feathering.What should I do to make sure that there is no wrist twist while I bend down?
    My preshot routine is: walk a couple of steps into the shot, bend left knee while standing and then bend down for the shot ,which is where the grip will get tightened due to wrist twist as I try to get my cueing hand on the line of aim.It is probably due to the sudden jerk to the wrist as the arm gets on the line of the aim.

There are a few solutions to this. The first is to hold the cue in the position where your wrist winds up before you get down. The best one (to my mind) is to cock the wrist before you get down and have it remain in the cocked position while you feather and strike. (If you're not certain of the meaning of 'cocked' search for it here as there's a string with a photo of a properly cocked wrist or else check out Steve Davis on youtube.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks Terry. Cocked wrist is very uncomfortable.I wonder how the professionals tackle this problem without cocking their wrist in case it is a common problem

Comment

"cocked wrist" should not be uncomfortable; the knuckles are only just further away from the body than the rest of the forearm.
        If you are uncomfortable then may be you are coking too much
        Don't be trying a Joe Swail!

I have a slight cocked wrist which gives me a better straight cue action.

all the best
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

If it's uncomfortable for you then you must be doing it wrong. As DeanH says it just meand the knuckles of the fingers are further away from the body than the forearm. In addition a good check is the thumb of the grip hand should point straight down to the floor.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Have you tried wanking?

Forgive me... other thread made me do it! x

Comment

Working...
            X