"Snooker Basic Skills and Rules From Ronnie O'Sullivan" Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Snooker Basic Skills and Rules From Ronnie O'Sullivan" Discussion

I find it particularly interesting that he mentioned in the video was that his pace of shot is all the same but he dictates the power of shot based on the tension of the grip....
    Like is he the only person on earth that tighten the grip on shots that requires more power? I really don't quite understand as it goes opposite for me if i need to do a power shot i have to let loose of the grip even more to get a firmer follow through and prevent snatching/twisting or grabbing the cue too early.

Feel free to discuss other points in the video

He is so gentle with the cue that when he needs to use the power he actually holds it not to loose it. Tighter grip. Your loose is his tight.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinker View Post

I find it particularly interesting that he mentioned in the video was that his pace of shot is all the same but he dictates the power of shot based on the tension of the grip....
      Like is he the only person on earth that tighten the grip on shots that requires more power? I really don't quite understand as it goes opposite for me if i need to do a power shot i have to let loose of the grip even more to get a firmer follow through and prevent snatching/twisting or grabbing the cue too early.

Feel free to discuss other points in the video
      I like listening to Ron talking about how he does stuff, but I don't think it's of huge use to mere mortals. He try's hard to articulate what he feels and how he executes shots but he is so natural you can tell it's difficult for him to understand how anyone could find this stuff difficult.

What you think you feel, do and actually execute are often very different.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I understand what he means, I discovered what I did when I was timing the ball well and it's exactly what he says.

The grip tightens and the wrist flicks just as you strike the cueball (maybe a touch after it).

Comment

Working...
        X