X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bartito View Post
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    In addition to TooDark's post
    The OLD cue was a Tom Newman 1370 facsimile cue (by Morcues) which was not quite 100yrs old as Tom made that break in Nov1922. As Shaun said in the video, he had had this cue since he was 15yrs old and supposedly was used by Ray Reardon during the 60/70s (unconfirmed ) but this cue broke in about June 2013.

At that time John Parris made a replacement based on the specs of the OLD cue (58, 8.75, <17) but Shaun had JP modify it a bit around Jan2017 to 57.5, 9mm; as on his blog he said something about "getting different deflection".
    How did Shaun's cue get broken? same as Stephen Hendry? All this tournament travelling will do no good...who's next? Why the airliners don't apply an other policy for snookercues ( and fishing rods, skies, ..) Nowadays only golf equipment gets special privileges.

My personal opinion : It's impossible to 'remake'an broken cue just based on the specs...every wood is different...growing pattern (distance between the arrows) is not equal year after year. ash has his specific weight but this may vary as the growning conditions of the tree are not the same all the time
    I believe it snapped under the ferrule playing a shot with it.

Comment

Hi there
      Just joined and been trying to find out what players have what cues for ages
      Any idea what the latest is on that?
      Regards
      Yusef

Comment

Professional Players and Their Cues

welcome to TSF Yosef
        as you may have seen already I have tried to have a listing of what cue the pro players use but it is tricky keeping up with some of the players as they change frequently
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Current top 16:
          Mark Selby - Stamford
          Ronnie O'Sullivan - John Parris
          Mark Williams - John Parris
          John Higgins - Exquisite
          Judd Trump - John Parris
          Ding Junhui - Stamford
          Barry Hawkins - John Parris
          Shaun Murphy - John Parris
          Kyren Wilson - John Parris
          Neil Robertson - John Parris
          Ali Carter - John Parris
          Mark Allen - John Parris
          Stuart Bingham - McDermott
          Anthony McGill - Maximus
          Luca Brecel - Maximus
          Ryan Day - Ton Praram

to my calculation that is 9/16 = 56.25%

of course a player may have changed cue over the break - please let me know if you have information of any change

now if Maguire had gone though to the final of the Riga he would have made the top 16 (even top 10 maybe ) and a GBL could have been in there
          Stuart Bingham - Cue Creator ( inlays by McDermott) lot more coming after July

Comment

Originally Posted by cambridge View Post
            Stuart Bingham - Cue Creator ( inlays by McDermott) lot more coming after July
            as far as I can see, CueCreator is just a online cue-ordering system by McDermott

what do you mean by "lot more coming after July"? More pro have gone to CueCreator?
            I have heard that a few players have been doing the rounds of makers again
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I spoke to Stuart a few months ago about his cue , and he said that he had a few to try . But obviously didn't want to try them out during the season .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Do any pros use a GBL cue ? I noticed a member here suggested that Stephen Maguire might use one . I sometimes see cues for sale on eBay claiming to be ex Stephen Maguire , there is a guy who seems to have a constant supply of Parris cues for sale on ebay , he posts pictures of them on a bluish deep pile shaggy carpet . Seems to have 3 for sale at the moment
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...8AAOSwxD9czdU-

Comment

That is the same guy that i flogged my old cue to in march. Bound to be a pic or two somewhere... was a paragon with snakewood splice.

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                    Do any pros use a GBL cue ? I noticed a member here suggested that Stephen Maguire might use one . I sometimes see cues for sale on eBay claiming to be ex Stephen Maguire , there is a guy who seems to have a constant supply of Parris cues for sale on ebay , he posts pictures of them on a bluish deep pile shaggy carpet . Seems to have 3 for sale at the moment
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parr...8AAOSwxD9czdU-

That's the guy that basically parks outside the parris shop and waits for cues to be finished, so he can run in and grab the best looking ones to flog on ebay. He almost always has 1-2 traditionals for sale. Bit sad really.

Comment

is that chap not a member on here? the name looks so familiar, though it could just be the hundreds of ebay ads over the years doing that

Comment

Originally Posted by The Artful Dodger View Post
                        That is the same guy that i flogged my old cue to in march. Bound to be a pic or two somewhere... was a paragon with snakewood splice.
                        but why did you sell it ?

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                          is that chap not a member on here? the name looks so familiar, though it could just be the hundreds of ebay ads over the years doing that
                          He is, rarely posts though.

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
                            but why did you sell it ?
                            Long story..this is short version.. was my second JP but not one that I picked out myself. Stumbled across it at a car boot sale in 2005 and picked it up for 20 quid from a lady that did not know what she had. First JP got nicked in 1999 and never found a cue that I got on with so quit till aforementioned stumbling. Stopped playing again in 2012 (personal stuff..) and only picked the cue up again in march just gone..within 2 weeks got offered near on a monkey for it and decided to sell it because it never felt right..ever - lovely cue but too much whip for me - went and spent it on a new one that I have chosen and is more suited and feels right...

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                              That's the guy that basically parks outside the parris shop and waits for cues to be finished, so he can run in and grab the best looking ones to flog on ebay. He almost always has 1-2 traditionals for sale. Bit sad really.
                              Clint Vanjour his name. Also any Parris cues that are going cheap he snaps up and about a week later on Facebook for sale but never prices them up. Majority of cues go to Asia I think going by the names interested and pm’d etc
                              VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                              Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                              Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                              Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

He is the admin of a few cue related groups on FB.

Comment

Working...
                                X