Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video: Judd Trump Black To Yellow

Hi everyone!

Judd once again played a great black to yellow exhibition shot this week in the World Grand Prix. It was played in the last frame in his match against Mark Selby.

In the video I explain how the shot is played, and then play the shot myself.

If you enjoy the video, please consider sharing, giving it a like, and subscribing to the channel

WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow that was virtually identical, why aren't you on telly ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Wow that was virtually identical, why aren't you on telly ?
      Ha! Thanks a lot!

NOTE:
      Just want to say about that shot, I say it checks up off the baulk cushion... It doesn't actually, it's just all the side has run out and it just comes off at the natural angle by then, instead of going towards the yellow. So it's not actually checking, there's just no side left on the cue-ball.

Comment

Yes sum shot Stevie daft question have you ever been on the main tour
        Current playing cue Trevor White
        3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
          Yes sum shot Stevie daft question have you ever been on the main tour
          No, I haven't. As I started so late (27 years old), it is just too late for me to now get to the level of consistency required for the main tour (I'm 35 now in 2 weeks).

That's the main reason I have gone down the coaching route. I love the game, and if I can help other people get more enjoyment from their own game, then that's great.

Comment

Well it's to our advantage your on here Stevie great videos you always do and was going to ask after I saw your half black and white cue ball was I was looking to get a cue ball for testing but would i be better buying SPOTED red one or half black and white one cause on pure white doesn't show up your massive flaw on hitting with unwanted side
            Current playing cue Trevor White
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Quality shot, well played. I'm going to do my own series of shots the pros play, starting with Barry Hawkins' final shot in his match with Trump last night

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                Well it's to our advantage your on here Stevie great videos you always do and was going to ask after I saw your half black and white cue ball was I was looking to get a cue ball for testing but would i be better buying SPOTED red one or half black and white one cause on pure white doesn't show up your massive flaw on hitting with unwanted side
                I think the spotted one will be ok for showing when you're getting unwanted side on. I actually made that one I use in my video myself. I couldn't find a half black and white one to buy, so I coloured in half my old white ball with permanent marker

Comment

Graeme Dott did an interview recently and he sometimes uses a spotted white ball to check for unwanted side.
                  He said something like in matches he plays basically every shot with some sort of side. He uses the spotted white in practice to try to find the center of the white
                  but he only really wants to know center so that he then knows where slightly left or right is.

Comment

Superb timing!

Comment

Just tried this. Can't get the slide. I seem to cannon the pink almost every single time. Tried with less screw, more power. Nope.
                      Tried with no balls, just the black and the cue ball. In-off into the middle then. After about 15 tries or so I gave up. My cue ball trajectory was not even close.
                      Fun experiment nevertheless, letting the arm loose like that.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                        Just tried this. Can't get the slide. I seem to cannon the pink almost every single time. Tried with less screw, more power. Nope.
                        Tried with no balls, just the black and the cue ball. In-off into the middle then. After about 15 tries or so I gave up. My cue ball trajectory was not even close.
                        Fun experiment nevertheless, letting the arm loose like that.
                        Next time you have a go, try maximum screw, more power. So you want as much backspin as you can generate, then hitting it hard will make the white go fowards a bit before all that backspin has time to grip. Make sure also to get the left hand side on. This will also make it easier to miss the pink!

Comment

Great videos, great recreation of Judd’s shot and an excellent style of presenting too
                          Good work Steve

Comment

BTW what does “tedisbill” refer to, if that’s okay to ask?

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker_bhoy View Post
                              Great videos, great recreation of Judd’s shot and an excellent style of presenting too
                              Good work Steve
                              Thank you!

Originally Posted by snooker_bhoy View Post
                              BTW what does “tedisbill” refer to, if that’s okay to ask?
                              It was just a silly username I came up with years ago when I worked on site. Everyone seemed to be called either Ted or Bill at this one particular job... And so out came the silly name "TedisBill". I first used it as a online name 15 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X