Comments needed (line up video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments needed (line up video)

I’ve been seriously training snooker for about 6 years now. I’ve never been coached, so everything is self-learned.

https://youtu.be/NFFO5wNlNEg

On this video I make 100+ break but not clearance. Actually I never have cleared the table once but have made 20-30 line up centuries. Every time I get to the colours I start to worry about missing and then miss. Normally I would clear the colours only quite easily.

I was lazy to fix the table so the cloth was sticky. Therefore I tend to hit the balls harder to get the cue ball moving. Normally I have also some kind of back pause, but now I forgot it because of good flow.

If you could comment any aspect of my technique. I would be happy. Thank you!

Well done mate. Wish I could pot like that. Pretty sure a professional coach would pick holes in your technique ie, front leg is slightly bent, back arm not perpendicular etc but as long as you're comfortable and potting balls does it really matter?
    Bad luck on the green. Looks like the rest shot is not your favourite? Went wrong on the yellow really. Keep up the practice.

Comment

Thanks for your comment Nifty! I think you pointed out good thing because I have struggled with follow through before. When I need to screw back a lot and there’s distance to object ball I fix this problem by leaning forward a little bit. That makes my back hand more perpendicular and I get more cue action. I think I’ll work out for that on regular shots too so I can hit more smoothly.

I started as a pool player so my stance was left foot on the line first. So that makes it comfortable for me to stand left foot more on the front. But maybe this is part of the follow thru problem I don’t know...

Comment

Working...
      X