No announcement yet.

cue arm elbow not in staright line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanx a ton terry ,but as you say elbow not in the line of cue is not issue but still i think high elbow is a must coz all the pros are doing it i guess. i tried pulling my elbow up on address position as well but then the cue angle with the bed of table becomes more steeper and down on the shot doing this i loose feel of every thing

Comment

Originally Posted by aditya_143 View Post
      thanx a ton terry ,but as you say elbow not in the line of cue is not issue but still i think high elbow is a must coz all the pros are doing it i guess. i tried pulling my elbow up on address position as well but then the cue angle with the bed of table becomes more steeper and down on the shot doing this i loose feel of every thing
      You seem to be having a hard time understanding what we are all saying. First of all when assuming the address position GET THE CHEST DOWN TO THE CUE!!! The cue should only be 1" or less from the top of the cushion. Once you have that position and without moving the chest, pull the elbow up as high as it will go by pulling the cue into the chest. Now keep the elbow up as high as possible but relax the pulling pressure a bit until the cue is just brushing the chest however the cue remains 1in or less from the cushion.

If your chest lifts when you pull the cue up then you are doing it wrong. Get the chest down as far as you can and it should stay there throughout the backswing and delivery. If the angle of the cue becomes steeper (more steep?) then YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. Get the chest down to the cue FIRST.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        You seem to be having a hard time understanding what we are all saying. First of all when assuming the address position GET THE CHEST DOWN TO THE CUE!!! The cue should only be 1" or less from the top of the cushion. Once you have that position and without moving the chest, pull the elbow up as high as it will go by pulling the cue into the chest. Now keep the elbow up as high as possible but relax the pulling pressure a bit until the cue is just brushing the chest however the cue remains 1in or less from the cushion.

If your chest lifts when you pull the cue up then you are doing it wrong. Get the chest down as far as you can and it should stay there throughout the backswing and delivery. If the angle of the cue becomes steeper (more steep?) then YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. Get the chest down to the cue FIRST.
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...UsxYlNacjA2QlU

Comment

https://drive.google.com/a/airpush.c...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

please check the sharable link terry and see whether elbow is high or not thanx!

Comment

don't think the google-drive links are public
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

i have shared the public one please check this posting again !
                https://drive.google.com/a/airpush.c...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

requires a login to view

Comment

you must be having gmail account!

Comment

I believe you have to reply to an email requesting access from google-drive.

Comment

I can't see it either, I don't know what account I have, if I have any at all
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I have accepted all the request to view the drive ,i am thankful for sending them ,Please check now !

Comment

From your description I was expecting a cack-handed elbow!
                            From what I saw in your video, I would forget about your elbow. It may not be absolutely inline but it is only very slightly off line, so forget about it, the elbow position is not negatively affecting your play but thinking about it will, so move on and practise more without this in your mind

Comment

What Dean says above
                              Terry Davidson
                              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks dean and terry you guys are amazing ,

In the course of this thread what i understood is ,my major issue is not elbow out but its the height of elbow or in general the natural hinge which elbow makes such that the cue gets a slope which gives precision power and timing, for that i figured out that my stance i.e right leg the weight on it is uneven when i bend sometimes i can feel the weight on front part of my foot other on my back part of foot but i noticed when my weight comes evenly distributed in my entire foot thats when i get the correct elevation in my cue and so called dell hills drive also starts coming.But now i am still in course of figuring out that weight evenly distrbuted in my foot sometimes it comes others it dont,i tried approching the shot like john mark ronnie with a kink in the right leg while steping in the shot ,that still doesnt help very much any views on this and how to get it?

Comment

Working...
                                X