No announcement yet.

Coral tour chanpionchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed the end of the Ronnie/Judd match, on early shift this week getting up at 4.30am and I just couldn't stay awake so went to bed at 9 and set the pvr to watch the rest on friday afternoon, but it stopped at the scheduled end of the broadcast so I only saw it go to 8-6 Judd.
    I expected Judd to have won it and was very surprised to see he hadn't, the yellow he missed for game will haunt him for sure and his technique might some bearing on why he missed it.
    His body movement on every shot has to be countered by his offset address, the more power in the stroke the greater the movement so the greater the offset, so if he offsets a small amount for pocket weight game ball yellow and changes his mind half way down into his stance to go for position on the green he's going to miss it.

Not saying that's what happened but could have been on a pressure game ball but there's really no excuses on easy potting tables like those as long as you're concentrating, and he really should have been. Don't look at score, just pot the balls on.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      It's his over-pronunciation and tone that gets me... like everything he says is the funniest quip anyone's ever heard.
      Agreed, he doesn’t have a commentators voice imo, he doesn’t flow when speaking and I almost prefer Joe Johnson to him!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        "Doctor, doctor! I'm not enjoying the snooker like I used to."

"Nurse Smith. Bring the straight jacket, would you?"
        "...oh and the cue ball suppository kit?"
        clapping hands gleefully with evil-intent!
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by zimrahil View Post
          Agreed, he doesn’t have a commentators voice imo, he doesn’t flow when speaking and I almost prefer Joe Johnson to him!
          He's a journalist who relies on stats and anecdotes rather than insight. It's clear he loves the game but doesn't know the game and that's where he falls short.

McManus on the otherhand has a job for life, best commentator since the late Jack Karneham and I hope he gets the world final last session.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Does McManus commentate for the BBC ?
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              "...oh and the cue ball suppository kit?"
              clapping hands gleefully with evil-intent!

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Does McManus commentate for the BBC ?
              I was wondering the same thing. I have a vague notion he does, but I wonder because it's rare for commentators/pundits not to be tied to one broadcaster. Hendry is the only one I can think of that seems devoted to both the BBC and ITV.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Yes, remember him at Crucible last year. Some great quotes:-
                Plays better than your granny makes soup.
                Got the heart of a Kalahari lion.
                Plus his usual. Wowzer!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                  Yes, remember him at Crucible last year.
                  Great! They just need to get Fouldsy back on board - hopefully to keep SD out of the commentary box and in his pundits chair where he belongs.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Get rid of Taylor and replace him with Foulds , and lock the door to prevent The Nugget from entering the commentary box .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Hi everyone
                      Alan McManus has been on BBC recently and is on ITV4 for this tournament. I think he has been on Eurosport recently too, but not 100% on that.
                      Agree he is excellent, as is Hendry.
                      Cheers
                      Oliver

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                        if he offsets a small amount for pocket weight game ball yellow and changes his mind half way down into his stance to go for position on the green he's going to miss it.

Not saying that's what happened but could have been on a pressure game ball but there's really no excuses on easy potting tables like those as long as you're concentrating, and he really should have been. Don't look at score, just pot the balls on.
                        Judd said he was going for position on the green, so your theory has merit. Why he was going for the green when he was on frame ball...

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                          Judd said he was going for position on the green, so your theory has merit. Why he was going for the green when he was on frame ball...
                          He wants to be a clubber and not a stroker!

Comment

Why he was going for the green when he was on frame ball...
                            Utter madness! It cost him the match - there's no doubt about that. He didn't even get on the green, or anywhere even near. My only thought is that he was terrified of leaving it sat over the bag, so played it hard enough to come away and possibly go safe.
                            Last edited by Billy; 23 March 2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Is there an interview with him speaking about the match?

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                                Yes, he seems to be freelance and who wouldn't want him.

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Utter madness! It cost him the match - there's no doubt about that. He didn't even get on the green, or anywhere even near. My only thought is that he was terrified of leaving it sat over the bag, so played it hard enough to come away and possibly go safe.
                                Which it did, but he left Ronnie a decent chance and he took it. That yellow looked a tight one from the whole table view but on the replay it was at least six inches off the cushion so easy enough on such generous tables as those, and Ronnie's fluked pink set it up for him so that shot wasn't crucial in the end.
                                Just watched the frames I missed this afternoon, great match and Judd gave Ronnie my brothers handshake when he loses, a little dab of the fingers while looking away, love a sore loser me and my brothers the worlds worst loser :hurt:

Comment

Working...
                                X