Q School 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also a century to finish the season
    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

• Nice way to get over the line, especially under the pressure of the decider. 2 centuries (one a piece) in a best of 7 shows the quality of even the amateur game nowadays. Bit gutted for Mitch, the second time he's missed out on a main tour place by a single frame (losing 4-3 to Gary Wilson in 08/09 PIOS tour left him 30 points short of a top 8 qualifying place) but he is still young, naturally gifted & will get plenty more opportunities in the coming years

Comment

• Now the successful 12 will have to have deep pockets because it will cost them a fortune to enter events, travel to venues, accommodation, subsistence etc etc.... The two year ticket appears attractive but is it 'too good to be true'? Have they all done their sums, even with sponsors on board? The sponsors will be looking for some kind of return on their 'investment' after 12 months for starters.

Comment

• I think the game is just too hard now for newcomers to come into the game. What with the cost and the standard of play, its a lot of money and pressure to get results. The top 32 are protected that way, they have the experience, reputation to attract sponsors and know how. I really feel that more needs to be done for the new comers onto the MT.

Also I heard that those who didn't qualify will now have to wait 2 years because there is no q-school next year. So the likes of Mitchell Mann who missed out, the harsh reality is, they are going to have to get a full time job which will be detrimental to their games as they won't have the chance to practice all day like some will have been doing. I see more and more players turning away from the game as the incentives to turn pro just aren't enough.

Comment

• Further to my earlier post, can you imagine how the players will cope when the ranking points are linked to money earned? Is there a list somewhere showing earnings of all players last season?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              I think the game is just too hard now for newcomers to come into the game. What with the cost and the standard of play, its a lot of money and pressure to get results. The top 32 are protected that way, they have the experience, reputation to attract sponsors and know how. I really feel that more needs to be done for the new comers onto the MT.

Also I heard that those who didn't qualify will now have to wait 2 years because there is no q-school next year. So the likes of Mitchell Mann who missed out, the harsh reality is, they are going to have to get a full time job which will be detrimental to their games as they won't have the chance to practice all day like some will have been doing. I see more and more players turning away from the game as the incentives to turn pro just aren't enough.
              I'd heard that the Tour was being increased to 128 for 2013-14, so that would enable the same qualifying structure to be in place next year as there was this year (with an extra couple of places).

Comment

• Well I'm only going by what one player who entered the q-school told me. Said there wasn't a q-school next year, its 2 years until the next one, must have heard it from a reliable source. The increase to 128 hasn't been confirmed yet I don't think either.

Comment

Working...
                X