Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snookered Rules question

Hi,
    I want to know what will happen if i got Snookered for the red ball and when I hit the cue ball I touched another red with my cue and also I did a foul and miss with the cue ball in the same time.
    Did my opponent get 4 points and can he ask me for a replay? Or 4 points with possiblity to play or ask me to continue?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by pcnador; 13 February 2019, 04:24 PM.

Snookered Rules question

yes
    after a foul the non-offending player has the choice to play themselves or ask the offending player to play, from where the balls come to rest.
    after a Foul and Miss the non-offending player has the same two options AND the third option where the balls are replaced and the offending player plays again.
    Last edited by DeanH; 13 February 2019, 04:51 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Snookered Rules question

you can download a pdf version of the rules from WPBSA website look for Rules menu
      https://www.wpbsa.com/governance/rules-of-snooker/

Comment

Snookered Rules question

do you mean you where touching ball on a red or colour when you made your strike, or after playing the cue ball (and fouling a red with your cue) the cue ball came to rest touching another colour or red?

Comment

I have edited my post to describe more my question.

Comment

Originally Posted by pcnador View Post
            Hi,
            I want to know what will happen if i got Snookered for the red ball and when I hit the cue ball I touched another red with my cue and also I did a foul and miss with the cue ball in the same time.
            Did my opponent get 4 points and can he ask me for a replay? Or 4 points with possiblity to play or ask me to continue?

Thanks in advance
            Yes
            4 penalty points given
            Non-offending player has the following options after a foul; play themselves or ask the offending to play again, from where the balls come to rest.
            IF after a foul and a miss then the non-offending player has the following options; play themselves or ask the offending to play again, from where the balls come to rest; OR have the balls replaced and the offending player plays again.

Your post did not seem to changed much but the answer is the same after every foul and every foul and a miss - the options are the same only the penalty points can change be pending on the value of the ball on or the ball/balls affected.
            I assume English is not your first language so I hope you understand

Comment

Thank you Dean for your clarification ,and sorry for my English
              yes it is not my first language,

Comment

Snookered Rules question

I am sure English is much better than my attempts at yours (?)
                did you download the pdf of the rules?

Comment

Thank you Dean, yes I downloaded it, but I didn't read it yet.

Comment

Snookered Rules question

it is a great read at bedtime - if you have trouble sleeping :wink:

Comment

I don't have troubles this day's, just i need to print it first to read it in comfort.

Comment

Snookered Rules question

lucky you

just print the snooker part and maybe the alternatives 6-reds save paper

Comment

Thanks for the advice 👍

Comment

Working...
                          X