Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to vary my stance with change in table height .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if anyone can tell you your best stance.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Like Ronnie O'Sullivan.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by aditya_147 View Post
        hi guys , i am afraid that this conversation is getting away from its real concern , which was technicality regarding a perfect stance for a left eye dominant player . For u guys to give me better pointers i am attaching some of my pics , i took it on my office pool table just to give u guys an idea about how i am standing and can make out any possible errors. thanx
        Namaste Aditya, It seems you are looking for "the perfect answer" as to why you c'd not replicate your awesome form at qualifiers? Please rest assured if you start looking for problems / faults in your game you may hurt your game more than help it.

!st do you want to know about [a] stance or talk about [b] replicating practice form in Tournament?
        There is NO magic answer / formula for either. As you can at will easily hit 60 or 70 from anywhere on the table, you are already a great player.

[a] For left eye dominant [ which I am] [see other large threads on this in this Forum] I doubt you need to change your stance much. BUT if you want to, please Just Naturally move your right foot a few inches back and likewise your left foot a few inches forward. The rest of the body naturally should fall in place. This is purely for physical Comfort. You look very young so you will not get any adverse neck muscle strains / pains like I did for 1st few days. Please keep it just basic and simple. Go with what you feel comfortable.

[b] [i]I will assume you have played lots of matches and Tournaments in India. This is the the problem, they were all known entities / people to you. For the qualifiers there is a psychological upheaval in your mind, before and while you are playing. The element of the unknown?

You so much want to show how well you can play. But this is The Big Stage you are not used to. You make a mistake: You try harder then normal... OOOoopppsss you are NOT within yourself...... you cannot find the usual rhythm, you are not in the Zone!! Mistakes you never make start to creep in..... Oh My God, whats going on here?? Aditya, well-come, let me introduce you to Real Pressure. Your hand shakes, sweat breaks out...

[ii] It seems like you must me a very very good potter. Thats good. So, how good are you with your safety and laying snookers? The problem with great potters is their safety is not as solid. Work on safety and snookers, dont change your technique. Please, remember this is written [general] to assist many other people. Impossible for me to pinpoint your personal needs as never seen you play a match. Just genius at work here, :snooker: ha ha ha ....

The important things you should do are: stay calm, remember your strengths, play your game - that is dont play into his hands, dont rush any shots, take more time if you need, step away if any distraction - could cost you the match. Keep calm even if you fall behind, Win the 1st frame at any cost. But then you know this part.
        Best of Luck and see you in the Final.
        Last edited by mg222; 17 September 2014, 03:46 PM.
        "I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." :snooker:

Success With Style : Muhammed Ali, Bjorn Borg, Magic Johnson, Mats Wilander, Michael Jackson, Stefan Edberg.

Comment

hi sir ,

so kind of u to give this generous reply , i am playing competitive snooker from past 4,5 years and what i have learnt is in game of snooker we cant handle pressure only thing we can do is njoy it , and that comes naturally if one is able to attain the level which he has set for himself in his mind . Thats one part and the other is ,your 50 % should be good enough to win game at one visit thats the only way u can ensure in your mind that u gonna win at any level , to attain that u should be hungry till the level of craziness for making your basics perfect . I was seeing a interview some tym back , in that the interviewer asked ding junhui how he was able to win 5 ranking titles in one season , he replied that from past couple of years he stopped learning new things , thats why his performance was going down and now as he started learning new things and discovering more into this mysterious game of snooker his form doing wonders from him . So my motto in snooker is to keep working on my basics till i am closest to my idol " god o' sullivan " .

p.s: i will try to bring my right leg further back and left forward a couple of inches . But still not sure of how i will achieve it coz when ever i step in the shot it always comes naturally at a spot " only thing coming into mind is trying to do it without cue ball and introduce it later as i adopt it" , have to try it with white up and down the spots as well .

Thanx for all the lovely comments keep them coming in !!

Comment

Originally Posted by aditya_147 View Post
            hi sir ,
            So my motto in snooker is to keep working on my basics till i am closest to my idol " god o' sullivan " .

i step in the shot it always comes naturally at a spot " only thing coming into mind is trying to do it without cue ball and introduce it later as i adopt it" , have to try it with white up and down the spots as well . Thanx for all the lovely comments keep them coming in !!
            Good. You have a good head about snooker and you know what it is all about.
            Please dont worry about the stance too much... just walk-in and slide in kind of naturally... I have confidence in your judgement to make it work. Once all the long straight pots start going in - just make a mental note of the stance.

BTW Ding speaks good English now, but he still struggles a bit and he may have said a word or two he did not mean to. Perhaps he meant to say he had stopped putting in the long hours in practice? I have never seen him play as bad as he did last week in Shanghai! Five record ranking wins, then this?? You see all is not explainable. I had a large bet on him to win Tourney.
            Last edited by mg222; 17 September 2014, 06:49 PM.
            "I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." :snooker:

Success With Style : Muhammed Ali, Bjorn Borg, Magic Johnson, Mats Wilander, Michael Jackson, Stefan Edberg.

Comment

thanx , thanx a lot its always gud to hear from others that u think right .Ding's English is like unintended cannons he tries them to limit to as less as possible :P

Comment

Working...
              X