Ssb - jackie rea dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by szaboss View Post
    well yes, in doing some research it shows Joe Davis is accredited with creating snooker plus.....I read somewhere Jackie Rea did. Maybe he was more of an advocate for it and tried to promote it is more likely,when reading up on Jackie Rea before his passing I did read this.......I learned something today
    I just found this:

"The new maximum break went from 147 to 210, but with the purple so far from the reds, no maximum was ever recorded at Snooker Plus, the highest break being 156 by Ireland's Jackie Rea."
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

There you go, I knew I read his name somewhere associated to it.......thanks for the clarification

Comment

Originally Posted by szaboss View Post
        There you go, I knew I read his name somewhere associated to it.......thanks for the clarification
        Here is another small link to Jackie Rea.

http://www.ingles-gratis123.com/snoo...bition-matches

Comment

Since I am not able to post a new thread about it, I am posting here:

Graham Miles, the former world champion finalist passed away aged 73, the 15th october,2014.
          Graham Miles: Former World Snooker finalist dies aged 73

By Clive Everton
          BBC Sport snooker commentator
          Graham Miles, who reached the final of the 1974 World Snooker Championship in Manchester before losing to Ray Reardon, has died at the age of 73.
          Turning professional after winning two Midland amateur championships, he reached the world quarter-finals at his first attempt in 1973.
          Miles, from Birmingham, appeared in BBC Two's one-frame tournament Pot Black as a late replacement for the 1974 series.
          He won the title that year and retained it in 1975.
          Miles beat two world champions, Alex Higgins and John Spencer, to reach the 1976 Masters final at the New London Theatre before losing to Reardon, and beat Higgins again to reach the 1979 Holsten International final before losing to Spencer.
          In 1981 he beat yet another world champion, Cliff Thorburn, to win the Tolly Cobbold Classic at Ipswich.
          Miles was instantly recognisable for his eccentric method of sighting.
          Initially, his cue ran classically under the point of his chin but after a sudden and drastic loss of form, he brought it further and further to the left so that it started almost under his ear - hence the quip that he was "playing by ear".

What is written above cut and paste from an online article from Clive Everton. RIP Graham Miles.

Comment

see http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...-World-Snooker
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X