My new Dave Coutts handmade cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    The waiting times are ridiculous nowadays though, plus no guarantee you are going to get on with it after the long wait.
    Yeah its got to the point it's become farcical. I understand that people are picky about appearance etc, but 4-5 years for a tapered piece of ash with ebony attached is seriously taking the pee. All this "hand planed from start to finish" bs doesn't help matters, just drastically extends the waiting period and its not like the cue will play any better than a shaft that has been electric planed.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
      What are its specs?
      57.5 18oz 9.5mm 29.5mm
      77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Yeah its got to the point it's become farcical. I understand that people are picky about appearance etc, but 4-5 years for a tapered piece of ash with ebony attached is seriously taking the pee. All this "hand planed from start to finish" bs doesn't help matters, just drastically extends the waiting period and its not like the cue will play any better than a shaft that has been electric planed.
        That is true but it's what people are paying for, plus getting timber or having a shaft that is almost finished bend because you've not let it settle enough, which takes up space.
        Also depends on how many orders he has....
        For that one you've always wanted...
        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Dave Coutts has cues you can pick off the rack, if you just want something basic. Or you can order one of his platinum's and get it in 6 months. So, if you're not super picky, and want something fairly plain to standard specs, you don't have to wait 4 years.

Comment

I don't think the wait times are a problem. If you don't like it then don't buy it lol. If a cue maker wants to do things the traditional way, who is anyone to dispute that. It's not as though he's asking you to wait 6 months and producing the cue 3 years later. And in this example it seems as though coutts has updated the customer and given the option of a full refund. Don't see what the issue is. No one is asking you to buy it

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
              I don't think the wait times are a problem. If you don't like it then don't buy it lol. If a cue maker wants to do things the traditional way, who is anyone to dispute that. It's not as though he's asking you to wait 6 months and producing the cue 3 years later. And in this example it seems as though coutts has updated the customer and given the option of a full refund. Don't see what the issue is. No one is asking you to buy it
              I couldn’t agree more with this mate. I had spoken to Dave about all the cues he offered and what the difference was in each range but I was happy to wait for the cue to be made from scratch fully hand made by Dave. As far as I’m aware he closed his book to new orders for a while not long after taking my order just so he could try to catch up a bit. Also communication with Dave was always top notch and honest. It was great receiving pics at different points along the process and it has been a complete contrast to my order with parris cues. It’s been 49 months since I ordered my parris ultimate even though when I ordered it the wait quoted was 2-2.5 years. You won’t get any response to a polite email asking for an update and in general there is no customer service you just order and wait
              77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

That would be my worry jrc, I live 5 minutes away from Craftsman cues in Kippax so try and buy all
                my cues from there. I would never trust to luck to be honest.

Comment

sorry seems a so so shaft

Comment

Wow 4 chuffin years! I waited 8 weeks for my new MW pool cue to be made around a year ago and that was bad enuff! Took a couple of hours to get used to it and it's perfect for me.

Comment

The problem with 4 years is enjoying the cue that is being used for all that time?

Comment

Working...
                      X