Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Snooker Clubs In London

Hi all,

Highest break is 135. Looking for a decent Snooker club in London now I've moved back.

Played regularly in leagues back home in Winchester/Southampton.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Mark

what area of london are you?

South-East London - there aren't many around, Qstix and Welling snooker club are ok.
    North-London - Cousins snooker club is decent
    East-London - Upton Park Snooker club and Legends club in Leytonstone

If you can get to Coulsdon in Croydon - Frames Sports Bar is a very good club

Comment

Do not go to hurricane in tooting. Got banned there for complaining about conditions:-)

Comment

Hurricane Acton not good - tables and cushions too slow.

Hurricane Colindale - some decent tables but some awful ones too.

Comment

Cheers guys.

I live SW and used to live here about 3-4 years ago. Used to play out of Frames and I agree it's a good club with good tables. Always wondered if there were more like it but apparently not.

Been to a Hurricane and put it in the same bracket as Riley's - crap! Will be avoiding.

No other proper 'Snooker' clubs which are worth venturing to then?

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
            Do not go to hurricane in tooting. Got banned there for complaining about conditions:-)
            yes my experience is they're clowns in there

Comment

Originally Posted by Vostyvoo View Post
              Cheers guys.

I live SW and used to live here about 3-4 years ago. Used to play out of Frames and I agree it's a good club with good tables. Always wondered if there were more like it but apparently not.

Been to a Hurricane and put it in the same bracket as Riley's - crap! Will be avoiding.

No other proper 'Snooker' clubs which are worth venturing to then?
              Legends in Leytonstone is suppose to be very very good.

Upton Park is meant to be decent too

Comment

Legends looks very decent.

Weirdly takes me about the same time to drive to Frames as it does public transport to Leytonstone.

I think I'll pop down on Saturday morning.

Cheers for the recommendations guys - much appreciated!

Comment

Hi. I heard that Jason Pegram's place is very good indeed. Not sure where in London, but would definitely be worth a visit.
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                  https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                    Hi. I heard that Jason Pegram's place is very good indeed. Not sure where in London, but would definitely be worth a visit.
                    Just searched for it:

https://swdsl.co.uk/tag/jason-pegram/

Looks like a new club with good tables, but a bit far in Harlow :-(

Comment

Popped down to Legends last night and played for a few hours - mixed reviews.

Although half of the tables are Star tables, I wouldn't say they're in great condition. I heard a few pros play there and did speak to the owner who was really nice. Quote a few tables were busy but the standard was fairly average from what I could see. You normally expect to see a few decent players practising in my experience.

Does anyone have first hand experience with the club in Acton?

Agreed Harlow is too far.

I think I might end up joining Frames again. Fairly decent tables, good vibes, leagues running and plenty of good standard players to practise with!

Comment

Lol, this is too funny...don't even consider Acton. I am a member there and do play from time to time, but the tables are all old and although recently re-clothed, still far too slow.

I'm not a great player and I have seen some decent players (regular 40s every frame), I've not seen anyone make a century there...possibly I just go at different times... but I think you're better off going to Frames...a great table will cost you, but some others are very decent for less per hour.
                        Last edited by anish147; 22 March 2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Vostyvoo View Post
                          Popped down to Legends last night and played for a few hours - mixed reviews.

Although half of the tables are Star tables, I wouldn't say they're in great condition. I heard a few pros play there and did speak to the owner who was really nice. Quote a few tables were busy but the standard was fairly average from what I could see. You normally expect to see a few decent players practising in my experience.

Does anyone have first hand experience with the club in Acton?

Agreed Harlow is too far.

I think I might end up joining Frames again. Fairly decent tables, good vibes, leagues running and plenty of good standard players to practise with!
                          wow. so much for checking out legends then. is there a joining fee to play at legends and what were the table rates?

Comment

If I was to rank the clubs based on my experience it would be Frames and then Legends. Go check Legends out though, maybe our standard is a bit different so don't want to write off anything for other people.

It is a members club but they let me play once to see if I like it. Star tables were £10 an hour and Riley tables were £8 I think.

Maybe I'm just being super fussy!

Comment

Working...
                            X