Dan Shelton cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    bigmeek - apologies I did see your emails but have been snowed by "real" work
    Yep have seen those photos of that cue
    These photos are Dan's originals on this driveway at his previous family house
    I will try to upload the photos of my two cues
    No probs Dean. Been meaning to see if I could master this TinyPic thing for ages. Fairly straightforward. Just need to work out how to make them a bit smaller lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
      If Dan Shelton knew his cues now have an asking price this high, he might come out of the shadows and start up again.
      You can ask anything you want for a cue, it's what it actually sells for is the important bit, definitely NOT worth anywhere near that imo

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
        No probs Dean. Been meaning to see if I could master this TinyPic thing for ages. Fairly straightforward. Just need to work out how to make them a bit smaller lol.
        I just use Paint to reduce size (make sure you are working on a copy of your original file )

Here is my pool cue and the 1pc snooker cue.
        When I was with Dan after getting the pool cue he told me that the karelian (or masur) birch on the 1pc and matching mini butt and the mini-butt made for the pool cue are all from the same block

before anyone asks - neither are for sale!

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          You can ask anything you want for a cue, it's what it actually sells for is the important bit, definitely NOT worth anywhere near that imo
          Like I said, a very high asking price. Does fedia have a Far East branch these days?

Comment

Lovely cues Dean, real shame Dan not in business any more. I've never had a chance to play with one of Dan's cues but from the look of them they're up there with the best.

Comment

Dan Shelton cue

Didn't Mike Wooldridge complete the orders free of charge that Dan couldn't finish off, due to his personal issues?

Comment

Originally Posted by itx View Post
                Didn't Mike Wooldridge complete the orders free of charge that Dan couldn't finish off, due to his personal issues?
                Yes he did kindly step in, not sure how many he had to do tho, or how many didn't get finished

Comment

There are still a few people who paid Dan for a cue, but have received neither a cue nor refund still to this day.

Comment

If neither are for sale how about a trade? I'll give my soul in exchange

Comment

Like I said, a very high asking price. Does fedia have a Far East branch these days?
                      I don’t think he does but let's not give him any marketing ideas

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                      Lovely cues Dean, real shame Dan not in business any more. I've never had a chance to play with one of Dan's cues but from the look of them they're up there with the best.
                      Very much a shame.
                      My two cues play very well for me but not necessary for anybody else :wink:
                      And if I was able to assist Dan to get going again I would

Originally Posted by itx View Post
                      Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Yes he did kindly step in, not sure how many he had to do tho, or how many didn't get finished
                      Yes he did but I don’t think many got completed; my guess is less than half a dozen, and they were all part complete cues not from fresh builds

There are still a few people who paid Dan for a cue, but have received neither a cue nor refund still to this day.
                      Yep, and I am one of them…
                      I made up for it by getting the 1pc snooker cue and then the pool cue
                      Still wish I got my original order completed though, but I have seen first hand what he has gone through and is going through; and really in the scheme of things it does not mount up to a hill of beans for me

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                      If neither are for sale how about a trade? I'll give my soul in exchange
                      Nope not good enough… maybe the souls of your two first born and loads of money every month to my Swiss account for the rest of your natural and super-natural life! :wink:
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        I don’t think he does but let's not give him any marketing ideas

Very much a shame.
                        My two cues play very well for me but not necessary for anybody else :wink:
                        And if I was able to assist Dan to get going again I would

Yes he did but I don’t think many got completed; my guess is less than half a dozen, and they were all part complete cues not from fresh builds

Yep, and I am one of them…
                        I made up for it by getting the 1pc snooker cue and then the pool cue
                        Still wish I got my original order completed though, but I have seen first hand what he has gone through and is going through; and really in the scheme of things it does not mount up to a hill of beans for me

Nope not good enough… maybe the souls of your two first born and loads of money every month to my Swiss account for the rest of your natural and super-natural life! :wink:
                        Dear me Dan. I know a bargain when I see one, and f*** me am I a sucker for a bargain

Comment

Working...
                        X