Applying pressure to cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    Fascinating me this one chaps, I've been wondering if I was seeing things watching ROS do this but also saw CAOs cue do this the other day. He appears in the vid to pull the butt of the cue up as he draws it back?

Hope someone can answer the question as it gonna drive me nuts not knowing. Lol.
    I saw this during Cao and Neil’s Final. At first I thought I was seeing things or it was an illusion of lighting. Knowing now what my game has been missing I’m off to try this and lift my breaks from the 20’s to a ton.

Comment

I tried it in the club last night after noticing Cao doing it in the final. Found it hard to get right but on the few occasions that I believe I did it felt great. I started the final delivery with pulling the cue up against my chin more than my chest. Felt almost like I was pulling back a bow and the delivery was like releasing the arrow. Hope I'm making sense here.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
        I tried it in the club last night after noticing Cao doing it in the final. Found it hard to get right but on the few occasions that I believe I did it felt great. I started the final delivery with pulling the cue up against my chin more than my chest. Felt almost like I was pulling back a bow and the delivery was like releasing the arrow. Hope I'm making sense here.
        I think you've got something there mate, the words pulling back a bow really strike a chord. in Slashers golf ball vid you see the ball compressed , this is achieved by creating coil and resistance in a golf "back swing" which is then "released" in the follow through. Again the timing of all of that is key.

I think this is maybe similar, we could be on the right track here.
        Last edited by Cue crafty; 20 December 2017, 07:59 AM.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          I think you've got something there mate, the words pulling back a bow really strike a chord. in Slashers golf ball vid you see the ball compressed , this is achieved by creating coil and resistance in a golf "back swing" which is then "released" in the follow through. Again the timing of all of that is key.

I think this is maybe similar, we could be on the right track here.
          Good comparison. I can get my head around that. As you say timing is the crucial part. That's why it's not easy and requires a lot of practice to get it right. And to be honest as a 50 year old bloke who only goes once a week for a bash about with a couple of mates it's probably too much of a change. But if I was a nipper with ambitions I would definitively persevere a nd try to implement it into my game. I feel it's definitely the way to go. Try it for yourself folks

Comment

I have loved reading all this haha. Didn’t Dennis Taylor say something about it before during a game with Judd?

Comment

It doesn't take a lot of pressure on the shaft to bend it. When I'm making a cue and need to look down the shaft to check for straightness, if I have the tip end touching the bench it will have a slight bend in it until I raise it off the bench into the air.
              You're all reading too much into this as a technique when it's simply a by product of chin contact on cue.
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                It doesn't take a lot of pressure on the shaft to bend it. When I'm making a cue and need to look down the shaft to check for straightness, if I have the tip end touching the bench it will have a slight bend in it until I raise it off the bench into the air.
                You're all reading too much into this as a technique when it's simply a by product of chin contact on cue.
                There's more to it than that. Try it yourself and you'll see

Comment

I’ll sum it up in one word, this word should actually be a disclaimer on all coaches resumes “Placebo”

Comment

Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
                    I’ll sum it up in one word, this word should actually be a disclaimer on all coaches resumes “Placebo”

Aka The Abracadabra effect
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I tried it solid for over an hour. Nothing placebo about it. I found it hard to get it right but when i did my delivery was nothing like ever before. It felt like the cue delivered itself and the accuracy was nothing like I ever experienced before. Believe me or don't believe me.It's fine by me. Life goes on☺

Comment

I tried it solid for over an hour. Nothing placebo about it. I found it hard to get it right but when i did my delivery was nothing like ever before. It felt like the cue delivered itself and the accuracy was nothing like I ever experienced before. Believe me or don't believe me.It's fine by me. Life goes on☺
                        That's great if it helped you better deliver the tip to the intended point on the CB, just don't expect it to actually have any effect on the CB reaction.
                        Anything that helps you achieve this goal is right for you and should be encouraged provided it is a repeatable and consistent method, there is no right way and many new players waste their time by focusing on things that do not matter.

Comment

That's great if it helped you better deliver the tip to the intended point on the CB, just don't expect it to actually have any effect on the CB reaction.
                          Anything that helps you achieve this goal is right for you and should be encouraged provided it is a repeatable and consistent method, there is no right way and many new players waste their time by focusing on things that do not matter.
                          Wise words Slasher and I agree with you 100 per cent. And to be honest i wasnt screwing back like Ronnie all of a sudden. The real difference was that the white actually went where I intended it to go and my potting accuracy was amazing for my standards anyway.

Comment

Hihi:-) if you hold your cue same for each shot it will develop into a banana soon :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                              Hihi:-) if you hold your cue same for each shot it will develop into a banana soon :-)
                              Might improve my game bud��

Comment

Might improve my game bud��
                                You not going to improve much if you haven't noticed that the cue bends like this for every single player that has a chin contact. If you are one then it was bending for you too. I would love to see the bow you have now. Hehe:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X