No announcement yet.

Punishment from playing better players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and I used to play eastville but it’s so poorly run - tables are good but rule is you get 30 mins and anyone coming in can boot you off and you go round in a circle. A lot of frames can last longer.

Also, there’s a gang of fairly unfriendly chaps who dominate it and do things like have drinking sessions with loud laughing in the snooker room and seem to take pleasure in speaking Urdu or Hindi or whatever it is as loudly as possible, I left when they kept calling me “English” and laughing when I missed shots - bad vibes.

Comment

Originally Posted by Snookclops View Post
      So making the odd 30 I am good enough to play in a league?

Note there’s not one century so century + breakers must be much rarer.

Thanks for the info, I may well join even if I get whooped it’s worth the experience playing against good players.

Incidentally my partner player is a better player and boy has it upped my game.

Also, I’ve realise how much of this game is psychological. How much pulling off breaks and good shots messes with your opponents confidence. It’s why I think a lot of fans who don’t play love Ronnie and a lot of players can appreciate the endurance and match play strength of Selby and (much as I dislike the guy) John Higgins. You can appreciate match play as different thing to break building.

I guess why even though I see Ronnie as the greatest player, the king is Hendry, he had it all, albeit it left him young m.
      I didn't mean for you to join the league. It was just giving you an idea of where you might come across better players so you can learn from them and realise the 50 and 100 breakers do exist. If you say you get mainly 10-20s and occasional 30s I'd say you're not ready for league but having said that there are probably hundreds at that level playing leagues up and down the country.

Comment

I played a tournament at the weekend in Glasgow with all 32 players hitting plus 50s regularly and the top 5-10 players are regular hundred breakers. 2 ex professional players who's names would be well known.

The guys are out there, you just have to get out and find them and obviously raise your level to compete if that's your goal.

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
          I played a tournament at the weekend in Glasgow with all 32 players hitting plus 50s regularly and the top 5-10 players are regular hundred breakers. 2 ex professional players who's names would be well known.

The guys are out there, you just have to get out and find them and obviously raise your level to compete if that's your goal.
          How did you get on Derek? Was Fraser Patrick playing? I'm sure he's based in Glasgow.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
            How did you get on Derek? Was Fraser Patrick playing? I'm sure he's based in Glasgow.
            yeah frazer was there, he's fitting a tip for me tomorrow night.
            I think he played Michael Collumb in the semi's and lost in a close match, tho not 100% sure.

I never got past the last 32, lost 3-1 I had the safety under control for most of the match I felt comfortable in that department but still just not making the best of chances, too inconsistent with breaks one day it can be 40-50 breaks the next day am scoring 20 odds and doing something daft so this is what am working on but I've only been playing 3 months or something haven't hit a ball in 5 years before that it will all come back.

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
              yeah frazer was there, he's fitting a tip for me tomorrow night.
              I think he played Michael Collumb in the semi's and lost in a close match, tho not 100% sure.

I never got past the last 32, lost 3-1 I had the safety under control for most of the match I felt comfortable in that department but still just not making the best of chances, too inconsistent with breaks one day it can be 40-50 breaks the next day am scoring 20 odds and doing something daft so this is what am working on but I've only been playing 3 months or something haven't hit a ball in 5 years before that it will all come back.
              Playing these comps will give you good experience. Fraser is a great lad, I've spoke to him a few times and he's always been happy to help. He's a master at fitting tips, fingers crossed it gets you your first century.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                Playing these comps will give you good experience. Fraser is a great lad, I've spoke to him a few times and he's always been happy to help. He's a master at fitting tips, fingers crossed it gets you your first century.
                Only spoke to him couple times but he seems really decent guy and yeah mate that would be me going to him for tips forever if I get the first ton with it haha. I can get them just spreading balls in solo or line ups but it’s too easy and doesn’t count best has been 96 loads of 70-80s I think it’s been shot selection like I said on other threads now I’ve started to play more with 100 breakers am seeing my shot selection hasn’t been aggressive enough at times and I’m playing to mop up easy balls and worry bout trickey ones at end which is obviously incorrect way to do it and I should always be looking to develop those balls or take on more difficult shots to get the break right opened up as others on forum have said too.

Comment

Working...
                X