Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the cueball going after contact with the object ball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the cueball going after contact with the object ball?

Hi,
    As a regular 20-30-40 break player i keep struggeling with the path of the cueball after contact. I have a good feel for the 'area' where it's gonna go but that is not enough to play those delicate little canons to be able to make the big breaks. Anybody knows some routines to learn this or can tell me the thinking side behind this?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Staezione View Post
    Hi,
    As a regular 20-30-40 break player i keep struggeling with the path of the cueball after contact. I have a good feel for the 'area' where it's gonna go but that is not enough to play those delicate little canons to be able to make the big breaks. Anybody knows some routines to learn this or can tell me the thinking side behind this?

Thanks!
    A perfectly played stun shot will always come off the object ball at 90 degrees is a good start.
    But there really isn’t any secrets to this, it’s just practice,practice and practice some more until you get it

Comment

It's all related to practice and learning by experience with pace, spin and improvements to your technique. Your tip can also effect the feel and spin, as will playing on different tables/cloths so the learning is constant and not finite - each time you change anything, you'll re-learn how the cue ball behaves. With time, this re0-learning process will take less and less time.

To begin with, you could try simple practice routines. The repetitive nature should result in most things staying constant except the way you deliver the cue - pace, spin, follow-through - and eventually you'll get the hang of it.

One simple routine, for example, might be seeing how many times in sequence you can pot a black off it's spot. Place the cue ball wherever you like with the black on it's spot and then keep re-spotting the black and trying to position the cue ball for the next black. Sounds simple but takes good control and touch to keep going beyond 20 blacks.

Same for blues off the blue spot etc

Comment

Between 1/4 and 3/4 ball, the cue ball will come off around about 30° for all these pots if played plain ball, with rolling cue ball. Stun gives 90° degrees. Those are good starting points, and you can learn the impact of spins and pace with practice.

Comment

Working...
        X