Efren "bata" Reyes 60th birthday ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efren "bata" Reyes 60th birthday ...

I've just noticed Efren will reach his 60th birthday next Tuesday 26 August 2014 so I thought I'd start a thread for anyone who wants to pay tribute to this great man ... in my opinion (and most I think) the best pool player who has ever lived ...

Snooker players are not needed on this thread which is in the pool forum ... we know you think pool is a mickey mouse game, there's no need to remind us ...

I'll start with the "Color of Money" match from 1996 - a race to 120 (best of 239) 9 ball match over 3 evenings played between Efren Reyes and Earl (the Pearl) Strickland - for those who haven't watched it, this is the stuff of dreams although you have to watch all 15 parts (about 12hrs of play) to see why ...

here's part 1 ... links to the other 14 parts are on youtube ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDwB...44B32&index=15

Comment

What a player, a true legend took pool in asia to another level. Happy birthday amigo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU89j-qo9mE

Comment

An awesome player to watch. Some of his shots amazing.

Happy birthday.

Comment

Great player - here was my favourite match he played - sadly I wanted the other guy to win - the two best ever players from different eras imo

Comment

Hey DandyA, I used to play the micky mouse game a lot...
            I haven't shot a ball on those tables in months, but I'm looking forward to playing in national championships this year.
            Efren owes his success largely due to his safety, accurate escapes from snookers and unbelievable table knowledge. That's what top level US pool is about really...and the break off as well. It isn't about having laser straight cue actions...though it would help if you got one...
            The fact that he was the best at 9ball in his hey day without having great break off shot speaks volumes.
            Having said all that, I was never really a fan of his.

Comment

Decent snooker player too. His highest break was 130+

Comment

Steve Davis vs Efren Reyes

He is not bad at 3 cushion billiards too

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                X