• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
    Mike wooldridge olive wood shark
    lol fair play!
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

this image from the cue production video from the jp website shows there is ash in the butt?

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
        this image from the cue production video from the jp website shows there is ash in the butt?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16894[/ATTACH]
        If you want to reduce the weight of a 3/4 cue which is naturally heavier due to using a solid butt, there is a technique known as coring, which drills out the internal wood and then is replaced with a lighter wood, whether that is ash it depends on the cue maker. This is what I would think this picture shows.

Coring is common practice in american pool cues, take a look at their manufacturing processes

Comment

oh that explanins why the inner wood is round and not squarish

Comment

oh that explanins why the inner wood is round and not squarish
            had a look again and the butt is turning. so it could also be fully spliced

Comment

Is fully spliced. Look carefully. Light and dark concentric circles. Typical of when turning a fully spliced shaft

Comment

It's possible, however I would think if it were a one piece cut to joint, the thickness of the ebony at that point (just below the splices) would be thinner that is appears to be. Of coarse everyone does things slightly differently so there is no way to definitively know without asking in person. It is all mere speculation

Comment

shouldn't there be ultra thin glue lines in the ebony on every fully spliced cue?

Comment

shouldn't there be ultra thin glue lines on every fully spliced cue?
                    I have thought the same as well, but from what I have seen that some woods (olive, tulip) the glue lines can be more obvious.
                    is it only down to the type of wood, or type of glue, or poor manufacture? not sure
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                      I do think these 3+ year waits are for customers who are being extremely demanding on the shaft and what they require. I know that is the whole point of the Ultimate range that you specify exactly what you are after but if you are looking for grain or arrows that have a certain spacing or requires a blank belly, or an arrow exactly 3 inches from the ferrule with precisely 7 arrows along the shaft to the ebony splices and tight side grain etc, its no wonder when going though his ash shafts he may struggle to find the exact shaft.

Yes there will be a minimum 2 year wait due to the amount of orders but some customers are getting their cues within that timescale like Pottr on here who had his near enough bang on the waiting time.

Also just to say, that the Ultimate range of shafts are also planed down by hand over a period of 12 months, done in stages to allow the wood to settle so these shafts are meticulously handled to be the very best quality. That in itself takes half the waiting time up!
                      Bull****, i saw my shaft not planed in parris shop, it was machine planed in to the round type. Was completed after 4 weeks. It is brainwash if you been told that shaft planed in different stages during 12 months. I am talking about ultimate shaft from john parris. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cuefather View Post
                        Bull****, i saw my shaft not planed in parris shop, it was machine planed in to the round type. Was completed after 4 weeks. It is brainwash if you been told that shaft planed in different stages during 12 months. I am talking about ultimate shaft from john parris. :snooker:
                        to me this is just another troll post

Comment

to me this is just another troll post
                          In what way is that a troll post Svendh ? The poster is stating exactly what he saw, not hearsay ,or guesswork, or opinion, like a lot have, he is saying this is how his actual cue was made. Unless he's not telling the truth, but you have no evidence to say he's not, so I find it unfair to class it as a troll post.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

can any one say how to spot a john parris ultimate fake cue.?
                            besides the fonts and john parris spell is there any other way to spot ?
                            kindly reply

Comment

Joints may be different, i had fake one that had spiro joint, contacted parris cue they said dont make them with those joints. Of course could have been changed, except seller said was original jp. Obviously look closely at badge, how it looks, also around badge area, they can be hard to remove see if theres any damage caused by badge removal. Price can be another indicator, there are bargains out there, but beware if its too good a deal, anyone can look up price of jp cues, so if offered one for £200 becareful.

Comment

there are lots of ways but it is very difficult if the cue is not in your hand.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X