X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    lol i can see 34 from my house!
    All I can see from my place is girls in bikinis on the beach in summer
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
      it would be a brave girl to undertake a bikini in this part of the world! - and let us be honest we would all like to see such a girl!
      i am not sure miss bowers got that tan here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G81fENuxvgk
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

got any photos mythman?

it would be a brave girl to undertake a bikini in this part of the world! - and let us be honest we would all like to see such a girl!
        i am not sure miss bowers got that tan here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G81fENuxvgk
        gosh, she's got a fine pair of Munros

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
          got any photos mythman?

gosh, she's got a fine pair of Munros
          LOL. Did I mention Bondi Beach is a topless beach.

Plenty of fine Munros

Not sure I could put the photos on TSF - you will just have to imagine it yourself.
          Last edited by mythman69; 30 August 2014, 03:34 AM.
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

LOL. Did I mention Bondi Beach is a topless beach.

Plenty of fine Munros
            "Life's a beach" ...

Comment

you are quoting what i already know although i would argue until the 1930's - ! i am waiting for the great gazza to speak!
              I was just trying to find/add some info to the 'length' discussion.

Comment

How ironic that a thread about SNAKEwood, can grow arms and legs.

Don't forget the cues are beautiful, play-able, and open to offers.
                Last edited by billabong; 30 August 2014, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Well this escalated quickly :P

Comment

Originally Posted by zach123 View Post
                    Well this escalated quickly :P
                    it's the gazza effect. ��

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                      How ironic that a thread about SNAKEwood, can grow arms and legs.

Don't forget the cues are beautiful, play-able, and open to offers.
                      How about a fiver each?
                      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'll raise that to a tenner each ;D 15 if my acca comes in
                        Hope you sell them soon billabong at a good price

Comment

I was just trying to find/add some info to the 'length' discussion.
                          It's a shame we all keep hijacking Bill's sale thread but...

Extract below from a discussion I had with David Smith a few months ago about why some cues of certain eras are nearly always 55"-56", just David's 'view' on 'cues' but it makes sense?

The reason cues were shorter is because of the way the game was played, using a cue evolved from using the mace, which was held upright at the table its natrual that people would adopt a cue to be used in a similar way.
                          Also before the popularisation of billiards it was mostly played by the gentry, and getting down to play a shot as we do now (and sticking your backside in queen victoria's face) was probably a no no! If you don't get down in way we do now and imagine playing the shot standing and semi standing you don't need 58 inches, in fact having a long cue would just be sticking out of the end and be unbalanced. The reason ladies cues were always sold very short was probably down to this, as these were high end expensive cues sold to the upper classes where perhaps it remained 'not the done thing' for longer.
                          It would have been the professional billiard players who evolved into the modern stance as people became sucessful using it, so others followed. Over time as billiards became popular amongst the less wealthy 'the common man' would have just copied what they saw the professionals doing, and not be as bound by any social taboo - hence the billiard cue grew longer.

No idea at what time period this might have occured though, I'll leave that to others.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Old cue collector --
                          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Luckiest forum member ??? .......

Comment

Yes Leo it is normally the Specs and the Arrows on the shaft too be 100% Honest as long as its a Good shaft obviously whats important to me i know this doesnt matter to some but too me it does as Trevor and few others i have dealt with for many yrs will agree if Trevor Sees this post he will tell you!

So im sorry guys if i dont Buy every Cue in sight! and i may Ask too many questions regarding the Cue/Arrows etc or ask you for Best Price which most of the time nobody else has Offerd anything at all But i dont wanna keep buying Cues that may not suit "ME"! which i have done many of times in the Past and ADMIT IT and have the T-Shirts to Prove!....ha ha

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              Strange that you've had 1000's of cues through your hands yet you're always on the look out for a cue on TSF and even then it never seems to match your specs!

Comment

John this isnt the case at all m8 i own 2 Businesses so not skint! and the Reason i didnt buy yours mate when we met up at bridlington spa at the Euro Pool Championships was it wasnt a Player for me not saying it didn't suit anybody else as it may well have done.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
                                I think the price is a bigger factor than the specs.

Comment

Working...
                                X