This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Very few coaches, very few cue makers........a little bit sad for a snooker forum as it cuts a big chunk out of potential topics.
    It saddens me but I understand why they were driven away.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      Yep, I think most of us do.

I think it would be interesting to see how many of each category we still have on here posting e.g. Have made cues, am a cue maker, Qualified coach etc. (sorry for getting off topic but relevant).
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I can't think that any of the guys were abused, it's a forum where things get debated, not even heated really. The cue makers and coaches were mainly dropping in just to sell things. Be a better place if they were just here to talk about snooker. Can't just blame the odd comment for turning them away. Cue makers left after Thaigate, Nic after plugging his aim frame and cat. I'm sure most members miss their input still but doesn't look like they will be back anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          Yep, I think most of us do.

I think it would be interesting to see how many of each category we still have on here posting e.g. Have made cues, am a cue maker, Qualified coach etc. (sorry for getting off topic but relevant).
          Great idea, be even better if they are happy to contribute more to make them mods for the area of their expertise. More like other forums where you need to have knowledge on your subject, great player, coach, cue maker/doctor, table maintenance, old cues, etc

Apologies, I won't go off topic again.
          Last edited by markz; 27 September 2016, 08:01 PM. Reason: Off topic

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
            I can't think that any of the guys were abused, it's a forum where things get debated, not even heated really. The cue makers and coaches were mainly dropping in just to sell things. Be a better place if they were just here to talk about snooker. Can't just blame the odd comment for turning them away. Cue makers left after Thaigate, Nic after plugging his aim frame and cat. I'm sure most members miss their input still but doesn't look like they will be back anytime soon.
            The exception was Terry. Ok, he may have gotten a few more calls about coaching but he had nothing to sell this side of the pond. It's a big miss not having him. I hope he's well. I like his acerbic wit as well, bloody Canadians. lol I think there were a couple of other coaches who would come on and try and help folk, like Les.

Nic didn't help individuals much, it was mostly sales of paraphernalia they don't need. Byrom goosed him good.
            Last edited by Big Splash!; 27 September 2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• The game NEEDS products to sell. Please bear this in mind next time you slate someone who's plugging something.

No one is getting rich out of selling snooker product.

Comment

• ADR147 ss tip ...just fitted it to my cue ..I found it hard work to trim and shape ...I will give it a go at the weekend hope it was worth the time and effort shaping it

Comment

• Dont quite know what you mean by break ..but I use the simular method to find a good tip ..using both thumb nails to see if there is any movement in the fibres ...I like just a little movment
                  But then I hate hard tips
                  I find Elk Master tips play well for a week or so then go off ..much prefer the old Blue Diamond tips back in the day
                  Tried a few tips of late the best for me being the Grand soft (easy to shape ) and plays well
                  Don't think you will find a better tip at the price ..if I don't like this ADR147 ss I be going back to the Grand

Comment

• I have just purchased some ADR147 tips so which type of chalk appears to work the best for these tips, I have used mostly Elkmasters for several years and this will be my first experience with a laminated tip.

Comment

• They don't hold chalk very well.... Andrew says they need much less chalk but I do miscue more than normal with the ADR147 ss tip
                      Supposed to be super soft ....I find them very hard
                      I'm going back to the Grand soft ..a lot cheaper and also play better in my humble opinion
                      Last edited by Dave_marsy; 15 June 2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave_marsy View Post
                        They don't hold chalk very well.... Andrew says they need much less chalk but I do miscue more than normal with the ADR147 ss tip
                        Supposed to be super soft ....I find them very hard
                        I'm going back to the Grand soft ..a lot cheaper and also play better in my humble opinion
                        Personally never had any problem with the ADR tips not holding chalk, and they're anything but hard, obviously it is personal preferance but for me for pool especially, the ss are perfect, maybe a little too soft for snooker for my preferance.

Comment

• Maybe it's subjective but I find the tip I got hard not soft...how anyone can play with a hard tip is beyond me ...
                          Pool I can play with anything
                          I have taken the top of the tip away ie given it a good rub with sand paper and reformed the radius of the tip will se if it's any better tonight

Comment

• Any chance of tidying up these links please, just got yahoo as my browser now, grrr.

Thanks

Comment

he didn't read the tip guide!
                              Can't seem to download the pdf , says invalid link ?

Comment

• bit old now but email me i will send you it - adr147@hotmail.com
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X