Tournament advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this sharkster63
    If you take a look at the site there is a sample poster for the main event which is based on Round Robin.
    Do you mean Pro's in one section and the amateurs in another, during the round robin phase?
    ---
    I like your idea - :snooker:
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Good Day, Lone Wolf, What i mean is when you make your draw for the round robin, you have two bags, on for pros and one for amateurs, so if there are 8 players per group you would pick 4 pros and 4 amateurs. if 2 players make it out then it would be the top pro and the top amateur. if 4 make it out then 2 pros and 2 amateurs. put them all in a bag and do a random draw for the final elimination stage, this will encourage lots of amateur players to enter, they will get to play with some pros, and have a good chance to make the money stages. Cheers
      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
        Good Day, Lone Wolf, What i mean is when you make your draw for the round robin, you have two bags, on for pros and one for amateurs, so if there are 8 players per group you would pick 4 pros and 4 amateurs. if 2 players make it out then it would be the top pro and the top amateur. if 4 make it out then 2 pros and 2 amateurs. put them all in a bag and do a random draw for the final elimination stage, this will encourage lots of amateur players to enter, they will get to play with some pros, and have a good chance to make the money stages. Cheers
        I'm a little confused over this format sharkster63
        For example; If 4 Pros and 4 Amateurs are in one group - How do 2 pros and two amateurs get out of the group? Or have a misinterpreted?
        Surely the best qualifiers from the group stages go through...
        --
        Am a bit slow... Can you clarify
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
          For example; If 4 Pros and 4 Amateurs are in one group - How do 2 pros and two amateurs get out of the group? Or have a misinterpreted?
          --
          would just do random draw, everyone in same boat then and not skewed one way or another
          i

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
            would just do random draw, everyone in same boat then and not skewed one way or another
            i
            Thanks Andy
            I've got a little plan devised that should be quite cool and a little different.
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019

Comment

--

Good Day, what i am suggesting is to encourage amateurs to embark in play with pros, this is not easy with round robin as there will surely be more than 2 pros in each group reducing his chances of making it to the single elimination part of the tourny. So only the top pro and the top amateur make it out. it is a given that there will be more than one pro ahead of the amateur, but you make the rules and the rules state that the top pro and top amateur from each group make it to the Sudden death elimination stage of tourny. If you wanted to incourage more amateurs, i would not make it a winner takes all tourny but money back for getting into the elimination stages, and so on. not winner takes all. CHeers

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                Good heavens, no, you can't have 8 players in a group: that's a total of 28 matches within each group. You'd need a week to run the event! Groups of four or five usually work best. In this scenario five might be good, because *IF* there were two pros in each group, then they're each playing one other pro and three amateurs, but the amateurs are playing two pros and two amateurs.

Groups of five can also be reasonable efficient because they usually provide for a natural lunch break whilst one of the players is sitting out the matches.

You never really want to take more than half the players from groups to KO stage, so with 4 or 5, take the top pro and the top amateur. If you have an 'odd' number of groups, then you could take so many of the best second place amateurs.
                Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
                  Good heavens, no, you can't have 8 players in a group: that's a total of 28 matches within each group. You'd need a week to run the event! Groups of four or five usually work best. In this scenario five might be good, because *IF* there were two pros in each group, then they're each playing one other pro and three amateurs, but the amateurs are playing two pros and two amateurs.

Groups of five can also be reasonable efficient because they usually provide for a natural lunch break whilst one of the players is sitting out the matches.

You never really want to take more than half the players from groups to KO stage, so with 4 or 5, take the top pro and the top amateur. If you have an 'odd' number of groups, then you could take so many of the best second place amateurs.
                  Londonlad, I agree, with 8 players per group you would need two tables per group to hope to get this done in a couple of days, thats allot of tables and allot of time, this is where you could use 2 venues. I like your idea of 5 players per group. Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, it's much appreciated...
                    ---
                    In regards to the event, our initial plans is to have this run for a whole weekend.
                    A WEEKENDER if you will - so value for money and time is important.
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019

Comment

***NSE UPDATE***
                      We can confirm that another world billiard brand has now joined our roster of sponsors for the first ever National Snooker Expo 2018.
                      More details to follow...
                      National Snooker Expo
                      25-27 October 2019

Comment

Well... Am about to get this thing started.
                        Thank you for your input over recent months.
                        A special thank you to Mark Tebbutt!
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019

Comment

Well... Am about to get this thing started.
                          Thank you for your input over recent months.
                          A special thank you to Mark Tebbutt!
                          Lol why are you giving me a special thank you? Appreciated though!

Comment

My Advice is to go to other event to see what you can learn from them and what you could improve on. In other words you don't have to reinvent the wheel try and see what is working elsewhere and emulate & improve on it. If there no other events you can go to then do as much research as you can and make sure you get the timing right i.e it's not coinciding with any other events that are on at the same time.

Comment

Originally Posted by kent mitchell View Post
                              My Advice is to go to other event to see what you can learn from them and what you could improve on. In other words you don't have to reinvent the wheel try and see what is working elsewhere and emulate & improve on it. If there no other events you can go to then do as much research as you can and make sure you get the timing right i.e it's not coinciding with any other events that are on at the same time.
                              Thanks Kent!
                              Here is the kink to the event...
                              http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...oker-expo-2018

You can also check out the official website which is pasted in my signature :snooker:
                              National Snooker Expo
                              25-27 October 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X